Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The Solution Data Architect ensures that projects and products deliver cost effective, sustainable
- Solutions that align with our strategic direction. The Solution Data Architect will be expected to
develop data models and other artefacts plus influence design decisions throughout the software
- Key deliverables include the Solution Architecture High Level Design covering all necessary data
models, matrices, diagrams, controls, and architectural guidance to detail the solution’s data
design and enable its physical implementation.
- The Solution Data Architect will need to collaborate with the Segment Data Architect to
understand the bigger picture driving the segment, leverage and contribute towards Enterprise
artefacts, and deliver in accordance to the strategic guidance and enterprise standards.
- The role requires a hands-on approach to data design including specialist knowledge of
technologies involved in the implementation of data-based solutions.
- Works with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME’s to determine the solutions data
scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution.
- Works with the Solution Architect to design the end-to-end solution data flows (e.g. API’s)
sourcing data from architecturally approved sources (masters) and highlighting any gaps.
- Works with Analysts, SME’s and Architects to assess data sources and their suitability for the
solution. This includes profiling data to infer and communicate pertinent facts about users,
systems and data quality from the data sets.
- Designs conceptual and logical data models to support the business requirements.
- Uses the logical data model as basis of delivering physical data models or message formats. Works
with Software and Data Engineers to ensure they are implemented as designed. Where possible
produces DDL for the build of data stores.
- Ensures that physical models meet all functional requirements and provides input on nonfunctional aspects such as sizing, performance and scalability.
Creates or validates mapping of data across sources, based on data content.
- Works with the business to determine and document the applicable data quality standards that
the data used in the solution needs to adhere to.
- Works closely with Data Owners to support data quality improvement exercises.
- Works with other Architects to understand and document interaction between data and
applications to determine current and future systems or records and resulting integration
- Works with Process Architect and Business Analysts to understand the relevant business
processes, and document relationship between process and data to ensure we know what roles
create, update, consume and delete data throughout its lifecycle, both as-is and to-be.
- Ensures all applicable data policies (segregation of duties, business controls, data access controls,
legislation, etc.) are understood and adhered to. Proactively designs to meet these requirements.
- Drives and manages the development (and maintenance) of all solution data architecture
metadata using Enterprise Tooling and exposing metadata via Data Catalogues.
- Works across teams to identify existing data designs, patterns, tools or techniques that may
facilitate or expedite delivery.
- Ensures solution data architecture artifacts are created in accordance to data architecture
- Works with Segment Data Architect to align on the bigger picture driving the Segment.
- Collaborates with the Segment Data Architect to leverage and contribute to enterprise artefacts
ensuring that the solution data architecture is implemented in alignment with the segment
Skills & Requirements:
- Mastery of core Data Architecture skills including: Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Modelling
(ERD, Dimensional), Data Warehouse Design (Kimball, Inmon), Big Data Design (Lambda, Kappa),
Data Lifecycle management, Master Data Management & implementation patterns, Data
Integration patterns and methods.
- Mastery of technologies involved in data management is required (database management
systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
- Mastery of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF) and application thereof.
- Mastery of Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture tooling such as PowerDesigner and
- Good understanding of and affinity with Integrated Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Experience of working with Agile Delivery teams and a knowledge of DevOps constructs.
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker.
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and keen to stay up to date with key developments in IT.
- Affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, application, infrastructure,
security and information risk).
- Leadership & negotiating skills: – ability to drive change using influence and networking.
- Ability to build a shared vision and able to communicate well.
- Delivery-oriented with focus on results. Must be a doer with a hands-on attitude.
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan while working
with a degree of uncertainty and risk.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis