Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
IT Engineering gives you an opportunity to make an impact that matters – be it in complex predictive maintenance and inventory management solutions to optimize uptime of our Upstream assets or innovative solutions that satisfy customers at one of our 49,000 branded service stations, the world’s largest retail network.
Your growth is our future in IT Engineering. Information technology supports all aspects of our businesses and we have some of the world’s most complex problems to solve. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technology, but you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology working with the biggest players in the technology industry. With open source a key tenet of our technology choices, you will also get the opportunity to contribute back to the software community. The diversity of positions on offer are bound to help you grow in your career.
Software Engineer is an individual with proven experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value. They are expected to have continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5-15 Years relevant software development experience with a fairly “Full Stack” profile (experience in front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration)
- Proficient in modern Async Python with Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, Azure Functions, Azure Services, Azure Storage, Logic Apps).
- Deep experience in Data Development (T-SQL /Oracle Pl/SQL /Azure Cosmos/ Azure SQL/ Mongo etc.)
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns & practices in the software development life cycle.
- Experience working in agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles.
- Experience using Cloud Native CI/CD tools is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Energy Trading, Power Trading Value Chain and Wholesale Energy Markets is highly desirable and would be a key differentiator between technically equivalent candidates.
- Experience of C#, C++, Golang and other programming frameworks and paradigm is desirable.
- Knowledge of other Cloud (AWS Lambda etc), and Integration (MuleSoft, Logic Apps, BizTalk etc) technologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of containers and functions is highly desirable. Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is a plus.
- Experience developing applications based on microservices architecture is highly desirable.
- Good to have Data Engineering experience blended along with core software engineering experience (not looking for a pure play data engineer)
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialities: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis