Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
This client is looking for a talented IT delivery lead to join the ‘European Power’ team within the Trading division. The Portfolio Manager role is a key leadership role in the IT delivery team, responsible for setting direction and managing teams to create world-class software solutions. The ‘European Power’ team is a rapidly expanding team setup in 2018 to help the ‘European Power’ business grow and expand. The Power business’s core focus is the trading and optimisation of electricity within Europe. As part of the energy transition there is an ambition to grow a book of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) that will increase the size of green power generation that this client manages as well as supply carbon certificates to the clients group. As the core trading hub for Power in Europe in the team also support Renewable and Energy Solutions in the connection and sales of renewable power from assets that the clients Renewable and Energy Solutions have bought or constructed and supplies power for the clients Renewable and Energy Solutions to sell on to its Business (B2B) and Domestic (B2C) customers. The growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to manage renewable power generation and trade in the fast-paced, highly automated intraday markets is required. This scale-up to support the business is alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for trading and market data.
Portfolio Management experience:
Optimisation is the IT Lead responsible for managing the Power Generation & Origination teams within ‘European Power’ IT Team, working closely with the Business Owners throughout the IT solution lifecycle and requires frequent communication with the General Manager for European Power. The IT solution is defined by the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes to attract sell renewable power deals and trade renewable power. The solutions are mainly in-house, client built solutions, that represent competitive advantage to the traders and origination teams. The Portfolio Manager is responsible to work with internal IT skill pool leads to secure a team with the right skills and capacity to deliver IT solutions. They also define and lead the ways of working and culture of how the team deliver.
Portfolio Manager also include co-creating of the IT Solution vision, executing discovery and customer research and ensuring the delivery of the roadmap in the IT delivery organisation. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for stakeholder engagement and the management of budget, resources, technology roadmap, strategic dependencies, business alignment, execution and maintenance of the IT solutions for Power generation and origination.
Skills & Requirements:
Power Trading and Renewable Power Generation Knowledge:
• Extensive knowledge of European power networks and trading exchanges
• Experience working with real-time power generation solutions
• Working understanding of settlements and accounting associated to renewable generation
• Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management,
analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership
• Proven track record of managing IT Solution development through entire lifecycle, with preference
of design thinking, agile delivery and dev ops experiences
• Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrated skill running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive
• Facilitate governance, portfolio reviews, and other Delivery related meetings
Responsibility & Accountability:
• Partnering with the Business Owner to co-create solution vision, roadmap, scope and prioritize
backlog, customer needs, research, maturity of IT Solution, dependencies etc.
• Own full IT Solution lifecycle including discovery, agile delivery and operations
• Serve as a thought leader to the Business Owner on the art of the possible and establishing /
maintaining IT Solution roadmap, applying design thinking, Agile delivery and dev ops where relevant
• Relentless prioritization to maintain focus on value, whilst ensure secure, reliable and efficient
operations for the IT Solution, aligned with IT Solution roadmap objectives
• Manage the IT solution through the investment cycle driven by value generating KPIs
• Proactively manage the formation and progression of the cross-functional IT team
• E2E responsible for the IT Solution and act as escalation point for operational and delivery issues
• Ensure IT budget well managed and only released through agreed governance
• Ensure the IT team (sourced in partnership with IT skill pool managers) has the right skills and
• Maintain an Information & Data strategy for the IT Solution working closely with relevant CDO
• Participate in IT Strategy to bring the view of technology implications
• Lead/be active member in relevant IT governance bodies and Natural Working Teams
• Manages supplier relationships related to the solution and inputs into the Roadmap
• Progress opportunities, seeking the right resources needed to deliver the roadmap
• Ensure innovations and digitalisation opportunities part of the solution Roadmap where relevant
• Ensure Security and data management risks and controls are in place for the IT solution
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis