Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The Lead IT Advisor – European Power supports the Energy Europe IT Manager (ITM) & European Power Portfolio Manager (PPM) to identify, realise, and protect value across the IT business portfolio.
- The role drives rigour and discipline in the opportunity realisation process to drive technology and data opportunities across European Power.
- Role serves as a vertical integrator across Power Generation (Cleaner, renewable and/or flexible generation and storage), Power Trading & Optimisation (Flexibility and complex risk management solutions) and Sales & Marketing (B2B and B2C energy and integrated customer solutions)
- The Lead IT Advisor demonstrates understanding of business vision, strategy and KPIs, balancing these with knowledge about the Enterprise IT vision, strategy, and prevailing technology standards.
- Day to day the IT Advisor demonstrates curiosity about commercial problems and displays the requisite behaviours to drive Portfolio fulfilment of target KPIs.
Key components of this role include:
- Stakeholder Management
- Integrated Business and IT Strategy
- Value Generation & Protection
- IT Portfolio Management
- Business Intelligence
- Supports the ITM & PPM with the management of a network of business and cross-functional IT stakeholders, building and sustaining working relationships.
- Contributes to senior business stakeholder engagements by supporting the ITM & PPM to inform, influence, and challenge with data-driven insights.
- Applies a commercial mindset and an IT practitioner lens to working closely and collaboratively with business stakeholders (GM level) under ITM direction.
- Understands the importance of working across organisational boundaries to enable value and utilises the business facing natural team to align IT in maximising dollars invested.
- Builds rapport consciously, listens actively, and tells compelling stories; co-creates where necessary, contracts correctly, and challenges constructively across business, IT and cross functional stakeholders alike.
Integrated IT and Business Strategy
- Owns the evergreening of the IT Strategic Plan for European Power
- Understands business KPIs and IT’s strategic role in their fulfilment.
- Explores commercial and customer problems, determining possible technology and data investment or optimisation opportunities across the IT business portfolio
- Understands the Enterprise IT strategy and associated standards for technology compliance and risk management.
- Demonstrates understanding of business change impacts from technology and data adoption and creates appropriate responses and mitigations during planning. Value Generation & Protection
- Supports the ITM & PPM in the end to end management of opportunity identification and realisation, including associated demand and value generation processes.
- Contributes to the Value Funnel of the European IT business portfolio, independently owning and maturing individual opportunities.
- Creates robust business cases and understands how to calculate value, assess benefits, and determine risk.
- Supports the ITM & PPM to ensure that value data is correctly represented, managed and reported in IT business management tools.
- Contributes to the European Power Portfolio’s calendar of PIRs by consolidating outputs and learnings that improve the health and performance of future technology and data investments.
- Understands the vision, strategy, and KPIs of their IT business portfolio.
- Understands the value chain, customer journeys, and associated touchpoints of the IT business portfolio.
- Understands industry trends, the dynamic competitor landscape, and prevailing behaviours.
- Uses external insight to contextualise work and approaches to ITM & PPM, business stakeholders and the business-facing natural team.
- Contributes to compelling thought leadership about technology and data adoption and exploitation.
IT Portfolio Management:
- Owns and manages areas of demand, working closely with business stakeholders to understand and capture detailed business requirements.
- Works to align the business facing natural team around elements of the IT Strategic Plan for optimisation of portfolio investments, reduction of operational costs, and management of risk. Innovation
- Demonstrates art of the possible from technology and data, experimenting agreed prototypes to prove value.
- Demonstrates curiosity about new and emerging technologies, actively seeking to understand how to commercialise products and services.
- Champions prototyping and piloting of new technologies as a better way of demonstrating business value, else failing fast and applying learnings to future opportunity development.
- Champions use and visualisation of data to drive commercial conversations and inform decision-making.
- Champions and applies new methods and ways of working to optimise organisational performance.
Skills & Requirements:
- This role requires deep/detailed knowledge of European Power Trading & Optimisation processes and how technology serves as an enabler:
- Deal structuring and Origination: Technology impacts/implications associated with different deal types, e.g. PPAs, hedging & imbalance products
- Detailed understanding of the role of quantitative analysis and data science in European Power markets.
- Front Office/Trading: How (vendor provided and custom built) software supports front office to monitor market conditions, positions and forecasts to trade both intraday and down the curve. Knowledge of different European execution venues (Exchanges/Brokers/Auctions) that provide roots to market
- Market & Credit Risk Management
- Physical Power Operations: Systems/processes that underpin scheduling, nominations and balancing regimes across the different European markets – TSO/DSO interactions
- Back Office: Understand the intricacies/complexities of post trade processes, i.e. settlements and accounting
- Commercial Mindset: Applies the business lens consistently by understanding business strategies, priorities, and challenges, as well as Power industry trends, competitor landscape (including new entrants), and associated behaviours.
- Technology: Able to tell a compelling story and talk relevantly about the commercial opportunities possible from adoption and/or exploitation of technology and data in maximising value across the Power value chain. Able to tell a compelling story about the direction of travel and the role of “Enterprise IT” (usage of cloud-based technology) in maintaining secure and reliable operations.
- Extreme Data/Digitally Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge to all stakeholders about new and emerging technology products and services, understanding their opportunity to disrupt and generate new business models, value outcomes, and processes.
- Agile: Challenges the status quo and adopts ways of working that foster co-creation and collaboration across stakeholders.
- Prototyping: Demonstrates business value potential from technology in real time, being able to stand up technology experiments and pilots when required.
- Externalisation: Seeks external sources of insight to inform opportunity identification and development.
- Successful applicant will work/have worked for a leading Consultancy and have direct experience advising/implementing technology solution for European Energy clients. Alternatively, directly for an integrated Energy trading business with a significant European Power market focus.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis