Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
This role is to support the development of a target landscape for our trading analytics and the underlying data and services need to support this.
- Have a strong understanding of the data used in energy commodity trading eg. Pricing, trade data, physical implications of deals, market data, fundamentals etc.
- Understand typical IT systems used in trading, including shortcomings and propose functional solutions e.g. what falls between the gaps in a given ETRM? How do others solve specific process or technology challenges?
- Engage with people across a range of roles (front, middle, back office) and seniority in the business, therefore you must “talk the language” of the business, and be confident managing relationships across all levels.
- Actively elicit and manage requirements, including ensuring that you use the right tools and techniques, and in particular to ‘fill in the gaps’ between stated requirements and what a world class end to end trading business looks like.
- Drive to delivery – decompose work to a set of concrete steps, and manage delivery against those steps, ensuring progress towards the end goal.
- Lead and facilitate effective workshops and other sessions, including virtual workshops.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Domain knowledge – Excellent knowledge of energy commodity trading (particularly the front office) with a good understanding of trading data (see above); capable of challenging assumptions and driving out the fundamental goals and priorities of the business.
- Hands on experience building and delivering trading tools, and in particular market analysis of fundamentals data. Our vision is to maximise value from data outside the ETRM – how do other commodity houses manage this? How is data governance implemented? What data is time sensitive? Which data is disposable, and which should be kept? What does a well-designed data landscape look like?
- Be highly analytical – able to problem solve, absorb large amounts of detail and to see the big picture. Be able to manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- Technically savvy – understands data engineering tooling such as databricks/Spark, ADF, Apache Airflow, SQL, document and NoSQL databases, Azure Functions, Web Apps, and distributed / event-driven architecture (event hub, event bus, kafka etc.), ELK, etc.
- Be a good communicator – able to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and self-starting – able to work with little supervision and able to pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly. Be confident and demonstrate good judgement. Be able to work in a demanding development environment.
- Agile working – Being able to lead a team with practical experience of leading in an iterative/Agile development team (including sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives).
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
- Experience in toolsets for managing requirements, for example, Azure DevOps, SharePoint, etc.
- Professional accreditation e.g. Foundation in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, Professional Scrum Master I (Fundamental) Assessment from scrum.org.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis