Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
This role is a hybrid role, with a focus on infrastructure as code and container orchestration on Kubernetes, and compute cluster optimisation – paired with a strong element of working closely with Quants and Analysts so that they can build, productionise and reuse models efficiently on the supporting infrastructure. Modelling is used in multiple contexts within the team, but includes generating price curves as well as forecasting short-, mid- and long-term horizons and support trader decision making. The team is growing rapidly as the platform is evolved to match our low carbon ambitions to switch our revenue streams.
You will work alongside a small team of Data Engineers (DE) / Data Scientists (DS) as part of the worksteam. The goal of the workstream is to build a repeatable framework that supports Quants and Analysts, whilst also working directly with quants to tune and configure the performance scale required to serve the trader needs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Adaptive and agile behaviours are required and a willingness to coach others, working with tools such as Databricks and Azure Machine Learning, with MLOps and model management using technologies such as MLFlow, as well as more bespoke setups using containerisation.
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Microservices, Messaging buses, Security and Controls
- Strong experience in deployment and support of cloud services on PaaS and SaaS
- Experience of prototyping, benchmarking, and evolving cloud based platforms
- Appreciation of time series analysis / predictive modelling with low granularity time series data.
- Appreciation of Python ML stack – e.g. Packages and package management, async python, scikit learn, pandas, numpy, pytest
- Substantial knowledge of Cloud services, ideally Azure (Azure Functions, Service Bus, AKS, Azure ML)
- CI/CD and Test Automation, Git, ADO/Jenkins/Github.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in Energy trading (Power, Gas, Carbon), or financial services environment or comparable domains e.g. familiar with Futures, Options and Derivatives financial products
- Experience modelling power systems, energy storage, or electricity markets
- Big data platforms, Azure
- Work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to deliver reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
- Assist in developing automation of application deployment and configuration
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products
- Coach and train developers on DevOps best practices
- Drive efficiencies in products and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, backup/restore and root cause analysis.
- Gain required appreciation of the model framework infrastructure and actively contribute to its’ ongoing development
- Assist in architecting tools, libraries, and SDKs that facilitate the access to data through the platform
- Co-ordinate closely with Analysts and Quants during development of models, acting as a technical support and coach them in tooling use and requirements, as they look build new models
- Work cross-functionally with analyst and quants and other software engineers to continuously improve the framework and support the model lifecycle
- Help advocate and endorse accurate, performant, scalable and maintainable code following all IT standards and establishing standards where there are gaps.
- Assist in productionising models created by Analysts and Quants, ensuring robust day to day operation, monitoring and back testing are in place
- Ensure that work aligns with the programme objectives for the model development and lifecycle framework.
- Confidence in co-leading a pod of junior data engineers and data scientists in software and CI/CD disciplines and acting as gatekeeper of their deployments
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.