Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Location: Canary Wharf, Hybrid
Aubay is seeking a talented Service Manager / Component Landscape Manager (CLM) to join our client’s Trading and Supplydivision. The core purpose of the Service Manager is to ensure the operational integration and effective delivery of the infrastructure and application components in the Downstream Trading & Supply Critical (Business Critical) Landscapes. This position manages end-to-end critical landscape delivery, thereby ensuring availability, reliability, and overall supportability. The Service Manager ensures that critical applications and services are fit for purpose, are operating as expected and are integral to the prompt resolution of major incidents. This role provides an opportunity to work on large scale of applications developed in recent technologies such as Azure Data Functions and other Market standard products which bring competitive advantage to our trading activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8 to 12 years in IT with some IT leadership experience
- Experience in Applications Support, IT Service Management and Support Processes, specifically ITIL
- Technical understanding of .NET, Azure Data Factory, Data brick, familiarity with any reporting tools like PBI.
- Understanding of trading lifecycle from trade execution, through trade capture to scheduling the commodity for delivery and as well as an understanding of trade exchanges.
- Strong relationship skills to work with multiple stakeholders across organizational and business boundaries at all levels
- Ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
- Self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively
- Ability to operate in a virtual, cross-cultural organization
- Able to adapt to emerging technologies in data analysis and decisions platforms.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or another similar toolset will be an advantage
- Ability to influence others and work through others to deliver the desired results
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Understanding of business support requirements
- Actual understanding of the IT business environment will be an advantage
- Prior exposure to one or more of the following businesses: Trading, Supply, Shipping or Distribution
- Accountable for Business-Critical (BC) Landscape End-to-End (E2E) KPI’s, liaising with Component Service Managers (CSM) for infrastructure components and Operation Landscape Managers (OLM) for application components, with regards to performance delivery in their respective portfolios and acts as an escalation point for operation issues.
- Be accountable for Service Level compliance of BC Landscapes, recovery of the service and structural improvements supporting maximum availability. This includes ensuring DRPs (Disaster Recovery Plans) are available and tested; component landscape KPIs are being met (or Return-to-Green plans are in place); and that end-to-end integration exists between application and infrastructure components (including E2E KPIs). The CLM can participate in service and performance review sessions with SOM, CSM and infrastructure suppliers.
- Provide business functional and technical expertise by maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, processes, applications, information, and data associated with the portfolio.
- Be responsible for the identification of systemic issues on BC Landscapes, driving structural improvements while balancing cost with business value; supporting the Service Operations Management (SOM) in optimizing landscape TCO (Total Cost of Operation). Agree remediation plans with CSM and OLM; accountability remains with the CLM whilst delivery responsibility is with the OLM/CSM.
- Ensure effective Incident Management and service restoration (during Major Incidents) for Business-Critical Landscapes; support SOM in managing other incidents affecting BC Services.
- Ensure that learnings from the Major Incidents and the actions needed to address root cause are captured in the Root Cause Analysis report and addressed effectively.
- Be the escalation point for urgent operational issues. CLM can contact directly (or be contacted by) any of the IT service providers, either internal or external.
- The CLM is a Global Change Approval Board (CAB) member for their respective business line and liaises with OLM to assess business impact; CLM has ultimate sign-off for approval of changes impacting BC landscapes.
- Ensure landscape information is accurate; act as the Configuration Item (CI) owner for BC landscapes and ensure these are recorded in the Configuration Management database.
- Conduct Landscape reviews and actively manage risks in collaboration with the relevant OLM and CSM.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Warf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
· 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
· Pension scheme
· Work from home opportunities
· Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
· Perkbox employee discount scheme
· Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
· Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
A British multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, England. It is one of the world’s seven oil and gas “supermajors”. It is a vertically integrated company operating in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, power generation and trading. Our client also has renewable energy interests in biofuels, wind power, smart grid and solar technology.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.