Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay are looking for an experienced Software Designer to work in a collaborative team environment to design and deliver a world-class innovative web-based digital product.
The team are developing a web-based digital platform that enables users to create models and simulations of complex energy commercial transactions, and calculates the value, risks, and trade-offs between deferment scenarios for all parties involved in the transaction, through robust, auditable financial and energy-markets fundamentals.
With your breadth and depth of domain expertise, you will evaluate multiple approaches to solve problems and act as a velocity multiplier while actively working to mentor and coach other team members. You will leverage your communication skills to describe the benefits of your design and drive the project team to a shared understanding.
To succeed in this role, you will bring your experience in breaking down complex design tasks and will be responsible for timely, quality completion of items assigned to you, ensuring that they support the product solution you are designing. In this role, you will drive not only the visual design of a product but also its functionality and purpose. During product discoveries you will facilitate workshops, conduct stakeholder interviews, and lead other activities to define features and interaction models of a specific product.
Required Skills and Experience
- Expert in Figma
- Experienced with Agile methodology
- Experience working in Jira
- Can evidence concept visualization/ideation
- 5+ years of experience in application design (web, responsive)
- Synthesise input from a range of sources, including workshops, user feedback, corporate guides, and current trends to develop product designs
- Developing new designs for parts of a product or picking up existing designs and building on top of these
- Work both within existing styles guides or created basic style guides from well-defined requirements
- Present multiple options which highlight different approaches to client problems
- Demonstrate a working understanding of how the visual perception of a design impacts usability
- Turn basic concepts into interface elements and designs
- Run workshops and/or collaborative design sessions
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a global multi-strategy investment firm who continuously seek to enhance their research process, implement better tools and technology, and test new investment ideas that will enable their global investment teams identify trends, uncover new insights, navigate volatility, and capture market opportunities that other firms miss. Their investment platform spans across multiple strategies: Equities Long/Short, Macro, Equities Arbitrage, Credit, Commodities and Growth Equity.
Our client has built a collaborative company culture that empowers their team to reach their highest potential through access to stakeholders and leadership, providing industry-leading tools and technology, and continued learning and development programmes. They employ a diverse group of ambitious, innovative, and deeply knowledgeable individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives to generate more creative and profitable investment opportunities.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.