Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days onsite)
Aubay is seeking a Product Manager to be responsible for translating the vision and strategic priorities of the Product Owner into compelling digital solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a backlog of requirements for the product’s design and tech teams, while focusing on business viability and prioritising for value. Additionally, you will be responsible for assessing the ‘size of the prize’, what would need to be true to realise it, and define and track KPIs for the solution.
This is a unique opportunity to work within our Supermajor energy client’s Agile technology hub. Their new venture sets out to do things differently. They’re taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile product development process to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of projects in the portfolio and a lean innovation mentality, you will be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages of a project: from product discovery to scaling.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in a product role working closely with development teams to take digital products from early concept to launch
- Proficient in managing and refining a product backlog, ensuring all user stories and acceptance criteria are written in a consistent format
- Familiarity or experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a keen curiosity towards making things better
- Excellent communication skills, being comfortable to interact with senior stakeholders and manage expectations
- An analytical mind, capable of setting, monitoring, and/or optimising success metrics for the product
- Understand the implications of technology on projects, including web technologies, architecture, APIs, and a software stack
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience building prototypes or leading proof-of-concepts
- Passion for human-centred design and/or lean innovation
- Prior experience with managing B2C products would be desirable
- Familiarity with residential energy products and services (e.g. IoT, home energy management, self-generation, home charging) would be an enormous asset
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing multinational environment
- A customer-centric mindset – guiding the product thinking and behaviour in delivering better experiences for our customers
- Lead a truly agile team with the objective of repeated, rapid, and effective alignment to business objectives
- Bring together different disciplines from UX, Product, Technical Specialist / Engineering to support alignment across the product
- Collaborate with Business Product Owner to define and track overall product scope, roadmap and KPIs
- Use data to drive decision making and product priorities with a hypothesis driven approach
- Break down the product vision into user stories and acceptance criteria for development
- Continually refine and manage the backlog with input from the cross-functional team, Security and IT stakeholders
- Anticipate and manage team-internal and -external dependencies and stakeholders to enable product delivery
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Lead release planning in a continuous delivery/DevOps environment to support the overall delivery strategy
- Ensure team is appropriately resourced to contain upcoming scope and delivery objectives are aligned with the development team’s capacity
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.