Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days onsite)
This role directly supports the IT Consultancy Category within the broader Contracting and Procurement IT Team. The purpose of this position is to work with various stakeholders within client Businesses and Functions to execute Category Management commercial work, assure supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering bottom line value through contract management and supplier negotiations.
Required Domain Knowledge
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in negotiating/managing high value contracts
- A degree level (Business/Engineering) and proven long term comprehensive experience within Contracting and Procurement.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management
- Proficiency working in Ariba and IQN
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Developing and executing commercial strategy deals in line with the Category strategy
- Actively providing advice on all contractual issues to ensure client and supplier act in accordance with the contract
- Ensuring delivery & effectively managing medium- high value contracts while continuously driving value improvement targets.
- Assessing and progressing contract variations, claims and disputes;
- Advising on and reviewing compliance with client policies and procedures
- Supporting implementation of contracts and contract management action plans through adoption of global KPIs and Supplier Review Meetings
- Controlling commercial contract documentation and correspondence
- Preparing and executing contractual discussions /negotiations; Verifying commercial completion; Appraising and providing performance feedback to suppliers
- Conducting tenders, evaluating bids & driving negotiations with Suppliers
- Monitoring key contractor(s) and their subsequent performance in order to ensure compliance with Information Risk Management (IRM) and governance requirements
- Implementing robust Contractor Safety Management practices and aligning to client’s personal and process
- ‘Goal Zero’ focus areas in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Collaborating with numerous internal stakeholders/business partners to fully understand the scope of each service and opportunities for improvement
- Applying leading edge supply chain, management techniques
- Applying supply / value chain analysis and cost modelling
- Scoping work, and analysing business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies and commercially managing executed agreements
- Executing Group Contract Management processes for assigned contracts
- Ensuring all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category management commercial strategies and Group processes
- Member of a Global Category Team supporting IT Consultancy. Contribution to approx. 500 mln USD global spend in the IT Consultancy Category annually. The direct team consists of 5 Supply Chain Leads and a CP Manager. Also, part of a wider global CP Functions & Technology virtual procurement team.
- Key deliverables include: – Managing Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Managed Service contracts and related call-off agreements for the category – Delivering annual value improvement and savings targets
- Supporting the broader IT category and IT functional teams to achieve stated strategies
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.