Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days onsite)
Aubay is seeking a Solution Data Architect to deliver the Solution Architecture High Level Design for our Super Major Energy client covering all necessary data models, matrices, diagrams, controls, and architectural guidance to detail the solution’s data design and enable its physical implementation. In this role, you will ensure that projects and products deliver cost effective, sustainable data solutions that align with our client’s strategic direction. You will be expected to develop data models and other artefacts plus influence design decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
The role requires a hands-on approach to data design including specialist knowledge of technologies involved in the implementation of data-based solutions. You will collaborate with the Segment Data Architect to understand the bigger picture driving the segment, leverage and contribute towards Enterprise artefacts, and deliver in accordance to the strategic guidance and enterprise standards.
Skills & Requirements:
- Mastery of core Data Architecture skills including: Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Modelling (ERD, Dimensional), Data Warehouse Design (Kimball, Inmon), Big Data Design (Lambda, Kappa), Data Lifecycle management, Master Data Management & implementation patterns, Data Integration patterns and methods.
- Mastery of technologies involved in data management is required (database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
- Mastery of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF) and application thereof.
- Mastery of Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture tooling such as PowerDesigner and BiZZdesign.
- Good understanding of and affinity with Integrated Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Experience of working with Agile Delivery teams and a knowledge of DevOps constructs.
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker.
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and keen to stay up to date with key developments in IT.
- Affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, application, infrastructure, security and information risk).
- Leadership & negotiating skills: – ability to drive change using influence and networking.
- Ability to build a shared vision and able to communicate well.
- Delivery-oriented with focus on results. Must be a doer with a hands-on attitude.
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan while working with a degree of uncertainty and risk.
- Works with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME’s to determine the solutions data scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution.
- Works with the Solution Architect to design the end-to-end solution data flows (e.g. API’s) sourcing data from architecturally approved sources (masters) and highlighting any gaps.
- Works with Analysts, SME’s and Architects to assess data sources and their suitability for the solution. This includes profiling data to infer and communicate pertinent facts about users, systems and data quality from the data sets.
- Designs conceptual and logical data models to support the business requirements.
- Uses the logical data model as basis of delivering physical data models or message formats. Works with Software and Data Engineers to ensure they are implemented as designed. Where possible produces DDL for the build of data stores.
- Ensures that physical models meet all functional requirements and provides input on non-functional aspects such as sizing, performance and scalability.
- Creates or validates mapping of data across sources, based on data content.
- Works with the business to determine and document the applicable data quality standards that the data used in the solution needs to adhere to.
- Works closely with Data Owners to support data quality improvement exercises.
- Works with other Architects to understand and document interaction between data and applications to determine current and future systems or records and resulting integration requirements.
- Works with Process Architect and Business Analysts to understand the relevant business processes, and document relationship between process and data to ensure we know what roles create, update, consume and delete data throughout its lifecycle, both as-is and to-be.
- Ensures all applicable data policies (segregation of duties, business controls, data access controls, legislation, etc.) are understood and adhered to. Proactively designs to meet these requirements.
- Drives and manages the development (and maintenance) of all solution data architecture metadata using Enterprise Tooling and exposing metadata via Data Catalogues.
- Works across teams to identify existing data designs, patterns, tools or techniques that may facilitate or expedite delivery.
- Ensures solution data architecture artifacts are created in accordance to data architecture standards.
- Works with Segment Data Architect to align on the bigger picture driving the Segment.
- Collaborates with the Segment Data Architect to leverage and contribute to enterprise artefacts ensuring that the solution data architecture is implemented in alignment with the segment strategy.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.