Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days onsite)
Aubay is seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect to be responsible for delivering solution designs for projects. These solutions need to be fit for purpose within the portfolio, have technical integrity, the right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction of the company. The resultant High-Level Design will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability.
Required Domain Knowledge
- Energy – Oil and Gas Industry
- Commodity Trading (Gas, Power, LNG, Oil & emission)
- Compliance & regulation
- Desirable: KYC & AML, Credit and Risk, and Finance
Technical skill and Mastery with combination of the following:
- 14+ years of experience (with 8-10 years of experience in Architectural Role)
- Hands-on demonstrable experience in architecting migrations/re platforming of legacy applications into Azure/AWS platform.
- Hands-on Architecting experience in building Microservices, 12 Factor Apps, Cloud Native applications, Data platform
- Desirable Skills: – intermediate to advance exposure to below skills.
- Azure Active Directory, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Storage, Azure Functions, Azure Kubernetes Service, CosmosDB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- AWS RDS, AWS EC2, S3
- Integration: Mulesoft, Kafka, Aspera, Logic Apps
- Other Technologies/Platforms: – SAP HANA, Spark, Salesforce, API management, Multifactor authentication, Collibra, Purview, Dremio
- Operating System Platforms: Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.), Windows
Architecture skill set:
- TOGAF (or similar framework) certification and knowledge of Architectural Modelling (ArchiMate) – Bizz design tool
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project (in line with Project Delivery Framework).
- Being able to address the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution and to document that in an SAHLD (Solution High Level Design document).
- Develop this information or else receive this from other parties involved (Data Architects, IRM, ITSO, ET SOM)
Soft skill set:
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, both oral and written. Good “storytelling” capabilities
- Ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Experienced virtual team worker with ability to work across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Exposure to business analysis skills
- Willingness to stay up to date with key developments in IT
- Delivery focused with pro-active/hands-on attitude
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan though coping with a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Rigorous, thorough and with an eye for detail
- Experience in a large industry IT organization is a plus
- Awareness of project delivery methodology
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to our client standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the templates, System Architect tooling and conforms to standards.
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution.
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Systems Architect. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions in our client. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
- Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required.
- May require hands on technical assistance in POC / POV efforts and mentoring of technical staff.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.