Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days onsite)
Aubay is looking for a passionate IT Business Analyst to join our thriving client in the Energy sector. IT Projects Business Analysts are responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow and become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong BA skills required
- Experience of working in commodities trading, preferably Renewable Power trading with a comprehensive understanding of the trading lifecycle
- Experience of working with big data solutions and ETL processes, tools and technologies
- Can grasp technical concepts and is able to act as a focal point to explain and translate technical IT concepts
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area.
- Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
- Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- Champion the development of long-term Business Analysis capability through bringing external perspectives, coaching others about BA techniques, identifying and promoting best practices, and contributing to community building.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.