Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Are you passionate about data science and the transition to renewable energy? Aubay is looking for a strong Data Scientist and Machine Learning engineer to join our client’s Decarbonisation Data Team to work on Electrification and Nature Based Solutions applications. If you are passionate about applied research and digital innovation, experienced in data science and in developing open-source frameworks and digital solutions, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be positioned at the heart of digital innovation, helping our client solve one of their biggest challenges: becoming a net-zero energy business. To succeed in the energy transition, our client is focusing on developing not only new business opportunities but also new technologies and technological areas. It has become apparent that in this transition, renewables ecosystems which are integrated and inextricably linked will be key. They will offer all the necessary elements to decarbonize our client’s operations and products while doing what they know best: providing the world with energy.
An important element of this strategy is the development of concepts and technologies to electrify existing and future operations and measure, monitor, and validate the contributions in CO2 equivalent of our Nature-Based solutions projects. These are both the key enablers to achieve deep decarbonization. To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to translate a complex business problem into a science problem and the ability to define data science model requirements for novel and R&D technologies.
Required Domain Knowledge
- Electrification: electric grids and power distribution networks
- Nature-based solutions
- Renewable and energy solutions
- Biotechnology and bioinformatics
Required Skills and Experience
- Data Science (Experienced: 5+ years)
- Master or PhD degree in a quantitative subject like engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science.
- Solid statistics and data science background
- Advanced skills in developing quality scientific solutions in Python and/or R
- Advanced skills in data scientific forecasting, optimisation, design of experiments
- Skills in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Experience in power markets and quant analysis
- Experience in forestry and agriculture
- Skills in DNA/RNA sequencing
- Comfortable in an early-stage development environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances
- Comfortable with working in geographically distributed, multidisciplinary natural teams
- Experience in applied research
- Experience in leading complex data science projects or products
- Experience in managing projects with diverse stakeholders across Technology, IT, business and academia
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.