Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is looking for a Programme Manager with extensive experience establishing and delivering large, complex projects. In this role, you will plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of $10-100M+, with up to 100 team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- 15+ years in IT
- 10+ years of experience in establishing and delivering progressively larger and more complex projects
- Experience establishing highly complex programmes operating using multiple methodologies, operating over multiple financial years and impacting the entire enterprise, with a large component of business restructuring or operating model changes;
- Typical Programme Size: up to 100, with teams in multiple countries
- Typical Programme Budget: $10M – $100M
- Degree educated with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning
- Programme management certification, ideally PMP® and agile certification
Dimensions & Accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of $10-100M+, with up to 100 team members;
- Quickly build and leverage relationships with senior sponsors (VP and above) and key stakeholders and understand their strategic priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including the EC;
- Synthesize new products and services that balance the needs of diverse stakeholders with a compelling business case for the Group;
- Deliver within-programme benefits to the Group, delivering value from an early stage;
- Motivate and lead programme and business teams through periods of uncertainty, while removing barriers so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure;
- Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across all Lines of Business);
- Focus and motivate programme and business teams to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance;
- Take calculated risks and apply judgment across the programme and business to make timely decisions that will maximize value;
- Be accountable for balancing execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality;
- Integrate programme goals and business context at all stages of the programme lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change;
- Select appropriate methodologies across the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness of each project;
- Create bespoke governance approaches that work across the Group, balancing the need for controls with the challenges of enterprise-wide stakeholders;
- Assume a leadership role within the cross-organisational natural team, ensuring that delivery teams collaborate effectively with business IT, the impacted businesses, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, resolving issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term management of any resulting products and services; and mentor more junior members of staff, lead improvement initiatives, and lead assurance reviews
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.