Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is seeking a highly experienced IT Service Manager to join the Sectors Decarbonisation & Global Lubricants, Information & Digital Technology, or Service & Operations Management (SOM) teams which consist of fast-growing portfolios such as:
- Sectors & Decarbonisation: Aviation, Marine Fuel, Roads & Construction, Emerging Sectors and Low Carbon Fuels, Decarbonisation
- Strategic Ventures & Accounts
- Data & Digital Products Operations
We are looking for a highly flexible and adaptable individual who has high resilience to ambiguity, uncertainly and transformational change to solve one of biggest problems in world to decarbonise and meet Net Zero ambitions globally across different industrial sectors. This person will an expert in their field and capable of providing efficient and effective support and services whilst ensuring compliancy.
The IT Service Manager will be responsible for supporting delivery of the day-to-day application and infrastructure services according to the agreed Service Levels and Operate Level Agreements. Depending on area of expertise, the IT Service Manager may be part of a DevOps team improving product features and flow reliability and security. In areas where there are Business Critical products and applications, the IT Service Manager in that role ensures the integrity of the application and infrastructure landscape (in most cases 24×7), works with appropriate parties for incident resolution. The IT Service Manager will be accountable for supportability and transition activities of enhancements and project solutions. This includes analysing and understanding business functional and non-functional requirements for supportability impact, as well as assessing implications of landscape and portfolio changes and reviewing for enhancement and continuous improvement opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10 to 12 years of experience of corporate IT Operations experience
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in IT applications support, ITIL processes and IT services management.
- Ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring, and storage systems
- Proven record of delivering against stretch targets
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
- Ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization
- Ability to take periodic calls outside of working hours to facilitate working in a global environment
- Be end-to-end responsible for the Operate Landscape lifecycle
- Implement Artificial Intelligence Operations & Future of Operations roadmap
- Ensure reliable, secure, and affordable IDT landscape operations
- Stakeholder management and engagement in Business and IDT Organisation
- Supplier management, performance, and engagement
- Financial management such as Budget, contracts, Invoices, Accruals, Latest Estimates
- IDT, Regulatory, Compliance Controls effectiveness and operations
- Ensures key services for product lines are measured, monitored, raising alerts when needed
- Deliver through others and able to influence stakeholders
- Coaches, mentors and provide leadership to team members
- Responsible for reviewing the landscapes for enhancement and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Resolve incidents or problems, conduct root cause analysis and Major Problem Reviews
- Drive efficiencies in systems and process: capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring, ITIL processes etc
- Assist projects in operational readiness activities
- Part of product team delivering business capability
- Continuous Improvement activities for landscape enhancement
- Document’s solutions to known errors to expedite resolution of incidents and performs root cause analysis to minimize reoccurrence.
- Change/release management including automation of Deployment and Configuration (CI/CD)
- Responsible for Operational Readiness for new demand, changes and projects impacting the portfolio and provides sign off, with Agreement to Deploy and Agreement to Operate as key milestones.
- Responsible for the identification of systemic issues on application landscapes, driving structural improvements while balancing costs with business value; supporting Service Operations Management (SOM) in optimizing landscape Total Cost of Ownership.
- Coordination of Disaster Recovery (DR) plans and Test execution for the critical business applications within the landscape including maintaining the application and infrastructure landscape documentation on an annual basis, document failover process, criteria, and timings
- Act as the escalation point for operation-related issues
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.