Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is seeking a talented Agile Business Analyst to join our client’s IT delivery team in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading division. The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The role will focus on delivery of an application to produce energy prices for customer invoices. The role will require experience in B2B Energy markets, with ideally a background in the Flex Product space, including Trading system experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Having a good understanding of the energy markets from previous experiences as a Business analyst implementing systems for ideally gas, else power. (5 years+)
- Experience in B2B Energy Supply, with a preference for handling I&C Customers
- Experience in Energy or Commodities Trading
- Able to help translate the vision, priorities, user needs, and constraints into testable business hypotheses and/or requirements for the design and tech team.
- Comfortable with BA tools, such as SQL being able to perform queries.
- Previous experience working on Agile product teams, bringing products from early concept to launch, the overall software and project life cycle.
- Experienced specifying business requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria and is comfortable leading agile ceremonies either on site or remotely.
- Comfortable interacting with and able to communicate clearly with senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of the implications of technology on projects and curious to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking.
- Excited to create the next generation of digital products and services that are built on solid business foundations and is equally interested in the energy business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Your experience and ambition is even wider than “business” and extends into lean and human-centred design and innovation as well as the latest technologies and digital trends and initiatives.
- Keep up to date on the latest thinking in the world of digital business; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools to where and how we work.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Partner with the Product Manager, focusing on business viability, owning and prioritizing the value stream.
- Assist the Product Manager with managing stakeholders, setting scope of product, and translation of vision into software definitions, considering user and business needs as well as tech constraints.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Create business cases for products, define KPIs, and measure product success metrics.
- Form and tests hypotheses via the creation of working software using a lean innovation approach.
- Model business processes and create a deeper understanding of the business landscape.
- Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate, and define opportunities.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.