Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is looking for a talented Software Engineer with proven experience leading by example in adherence to software engineering best practices and delivering software products/applications which generate business value. This person is expected to have a continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization and technology roadmap.
This is a unique opportunity for you to make an impact across a complex integrated energy value chain serving all lines of business for a Super Major Energy Company. In this role, you could be building world class energy trading solutions or creating new customer services for the largest lubricants business globally, or innovating ways to grow an aviation business which refuels five aircrafts every minute.
Information technology supports all aspects of the company’s businesses, and they have some of the world’s most complex problems to solve. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technology, but you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology working with the biggest players in the technology industry.
Required Skills and Experience
Alongside a Computer Science or Engineering degree, we hope to see the following in your CV:
- Extensive Design & Development experience using .NET and .NET Core.
- Experience in the energy industry, familiarity with end-to-end energy trading value chain and wholesale energy markets (ideally European Markets).
- Experienced in building Real-Time Event-Driven Systems and Server-Side Messaging with an advanced back-end development skillset.
- Experienced in Serverless Computing utilizing Azure functions, Azure Services, Azure Data Factory and Event Architecture.
- Experienced in building Low Latency Solutions for Trading.
- Proficient in one or more of Data Development (SQL, No SQL, Cloud Datastores etc) technologies.
- Proficient in cloud native deployment with CI/CD Pipelines. [One of GitHub Actions or Azure DevOps] into serverless containers (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in Agile teams applying the best architectural, design, unit testing patterns & practices with an eye for code quality and standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with front-end development using React will be good to have.
- Broader community presence with publications and accreditations will be considered a plus.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance with the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods, and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premises solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.