Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is seeking a Segment Architect to be accountable for the architecture of T&S for the Client Energy Global LNG trading business supporting the Lead Segment Architect in this area.
The Client Energy segment in Trading & Supply supports the Gas/LNG, Power and Environmental Products trading business lines. It provides critical services through interconnected Business-critical interfaces and systems. The segment is an integral part of dynamic Client Trading business. T&S is one of the largest energy trading operations in the world.
The Segment Architect will work within an extended natural team to ensure that IT solutions for this segment have a high-quality architectural design with full consideration around ease of integration, risk exposure, compliance, and ability to operate, scalability and cost effectiveness. The resulting roadmaps and high-level designs will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability for our client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Trading Risk Management and Trading Operations.
- Business domain knowledge for a commodity trading business; ideally supported the LNG business line or other bulk movement trading business.
- Experience with ETRM/CTRM solutions and how they support the end-to-end lifecycle of the trading business. Preference is for experience with Endur and VESON IMOS platforms.
- 7-10 years’ experience in digital and IT with 5+ years of business-focused digital and some IT leadership experience. You have a proven track record of digital and IT architecture impact and success.
- Stakeholder engagement is key to this role, in the broadest sense. Being sensitive to stakeholders, talking the right ‘language’ to specific target groups, and leading by example are crucial to the role. Being extremely curious about your own space, but also to the adjacent and outside world, and being able to translate that into actionable outcomes is another skill that need to be strongly present.
- You will actively influence the definition of the strategy and the planning of investments.
Crucially you will:
- Know the TOGAF standards and understand the Client Architecture Framework and be able to explain the role of architecture in IT processes/organisation
- Understand segment architecture and the link to portfolio management and platforms
- Understand the fundamentals of relevant architectures (process, data, application, integration) and be able to apply it effectively in support of the segment
- Know the Target Operating Environment (TOE)
- Know relevant IRM standards for Architecture and understand how to use the standards
- Be curious of developments in IT solutions that will support and be relevant to the segment and be able to apply these in support of the business development agenda
The Segment Architect is a leading member of the Business IT and the Client Architecture IT teams, helping to shape the future of the company.
Your day to day role includes the following activities:
- Driving the architecture and supporting the natural teams within the business
- Driving Solution or product selections against capabilities required within the business, including vendor selection and management.
- Responsibility for the architectural standards and governance of projects within the segment to ensure the security, safety and cost effectiveness of all solutions deployed for the business.
To do this the successful candidate should have a good understanding of the domain both inside Client and in the external market. You will keep abreast of trends and developments in IT generally in the sectors mentioned above, both internally and externally. You will have a good awareness of regulatory environment as applies to the sector and security threats and risks. You will also be familiar with Client’s Target Operating environment and reference architectures; and will be in a position to influence the direction that these take in the future.
You will be responsible for assuring the quality of architecture deliverables from the natural teams, and should be familiar with the process and tools that drive these artefacts (TOGAF, BizzDesign)
You will guide and support project teams (including Solution architects) to ensure compliance of developments with the solution architecture.
You will provide technical support and expertise to the natural team to drive the segment roadmap and project support; from both your own knowledge and from other technical roles in Client.
Other accountabilities include:
- Work with the Lead Segment Architect to maintain the segment architectures, application portfolio inventory, landscape diagrams and lifecycle maps for the applications within the portfolio.
- Identify and propose potential portfolio changes and improvements, including decommissioning. Develop and maintain application roadmaps for the portfolio.
- Work with the Business Interface IT Managers, IT Engineering, IT Operation, Business Process Owner and Business Architects to provide consultancy on architecture and portfolio matters. This includes, but is not limited to benchmarking of the portfolio against external practice; externalisation efforts to keep a highly visible external perspective; advise on any project issues; advise touch points with other Lines of Business and opportunities to leverage applications, processes etc.
- Develop and maintain segment architecture including target selections.
- Ensure architecture artefact quality and retention in appropriate tools, for example, BizzDesign.
- Facilitate Architecture Risk Assessments on projects, and conduct Assurance Reviews and Stage Gate signoff for medium and low risk projects, involving data, technical and integration architects as needed
- Participate in and contribute to the Line of Business segment architecture network.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture strategy and design decisions.
- Proactively review segment portfolio with ITM and business to maintain the alignment on how personal data is managed and handled properly.
- Lead natural teams towards increasing value and decreasing risk of data.
- This role ensures the business value of IT solutions is maximized by applying knowledge of the business needs and opportunities, the existing portfolio of IT applications, and the current and emerging technology and IT service capabilities. The role supports and enables the development and execution of the strategy and plans for the IT Portfolio supporting the business.
- The individual in this position will support the Lead Segment Architect and Business Lead Architect in the execution of architecture consultancy and assurance activities for the Line of Business.
- Responsibilities of the role include managing relationships with key stakeholders including the business facing ITD Managers; business analysts; business process Owners; IT Engineering teams; Programme and Project managers and other Line of Business and Group Architects. It also includes working closely with application development/deployment projects to assure and support them from an architecture perspective. The role includes an overall accountability for managing the end- to-end lifecycle of applications in the portfolio from an IT architecture perspective.
- The Segment Architect is an integral member of the Business IT and the Client Architecture IT teams, helping to shape the strategic direction of the portfolio for an architecture perspective.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.