Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Waterloo, Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Aubay is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with the ability to translate a business question into a data science solution. Our client’s Capability Centre is focussed on the development, deployment and support of robust, scalable Digital Products which have a strong Data Science component and supports all areas of our client’s Energy business.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for the technical project delivery and consultancy of our client’s stakeholders. This role requires that, next to your knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics, you have a good grasp of software development. Next to the data science capabilities and experiences, you should be able to clearly and effectively present findings to our colleagues in other areas of expertise and business stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
- MSc or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics or similar discipline with at least 5 years’ experience on data science projects.
- Broad experience and knowledge in Statistics, Machine Learning and data engineering.
- Awareness of issues in statistics and dependence on data quality
- A practical common sense approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- A passion for and expertise in practicing data science to solve real-world customer problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently.
- High standards of code quality, making use of version control tools.
- Experience delivering production grade data science products into an enterprise environment (or a good understanding of what this involves).
- Proficiency in statistical software packages such as R, Python, Matlab.
- Good knowledge of cloud environment like specifically Azure is required.
- Experience in Agile working methodology
- Coaching capability for more junior team members
- Developing data science solutions to solve business challenges.
- Write clean and maintainable production-level code, including tests; the tech stack they work with includes (you don’t need to have an experience with all of them): Python, GIT, Azure, SQL.
- Integrating models into production on a weekly or even daily basis
- Work closely with the customer and the Product Owner day-to-day
- Work in a highly-collaborative, friendly Agile environment, participate in Ceremonies and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Documenting and explaining the results of analysis or modelling to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Collaborating with, and influencing, data scientists and analysts in other teams focussing on R&D and insight generation to efficiently deploy their algorithms into robust digital products.
- Supporting the transition of digital products from development into run and maintain.
- Learning new engineering practices, technologies and continuously improving our Agile practices
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.