Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Victoria (2-3 days a week in the office)
Aubay UK is looking for a Java Developer to work as part of team of Java and UI developers creating and maintaining a digital assets platform.
Tech Stack You Will Be Working With – Java 8 or above, JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL, JMS, JUnit, Gradle
Required Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience with Java Server Side development
- Commercial experience in Java 8 or above, JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL, JMS, JUnit, Gradle.
- Knowledge of concurrent programming techniques.
- Knowledge of Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience of all aspects of the development lifecycle, including agile and CI/CD principles.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Experience and Strong understanding of restful services, micro service architecture and separation of concerns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with AWS Cloud
- Experience in Financial Markets
- Being comfortable with GIT and Jira is highly beneficial.
- Design and implementation of software components in Java using Postgres databases; Solace for messaging.
- Developing unit tests, ongoing maintenance work and documentation.
- Taking an active role in a cross functional team, from requirements through to delivery of the solution to a live environment.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group is an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They combine deep and multi-market expertise of traditional securities with the agility of a FinTech company to provide secure and innovative services for digital assets.
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.