Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Redhill, Surrey (primarily remote)
Aubay is seeking an IT Security Manager to ensure the cyber security architecture meets current & future needs and exploits new security technologies & techniques to reduce costs and risks. This person will be responsible for IT security of up to £1.5M in Infrastructure assets across 5 sites (including Redhill, Newcastle, and the Netherlands), financial impact of systems failure in excess of £1M; Security of Infrastructure & Services supporting £2Billion+ pa in customer billing, and provide security support and guidance on Strategic projects with a budget of up to £5 million; ensuring security is at the core of everything delivered.
This role is currently hybrid and will operate from the Redhill office two days a week onsite with our global energy client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent + 10 years of relevant cybersecurity experience in Security, IT infrastructure and support role(s)
- Strong management skills particularly relating to managing and developing technical staff
- 5+ years IT management experience, and have managed large scale infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable experience in the Cyber Security field
- Good understanding of the Utilities Industry business and constraints is desirable.
Required Personal Skills
- Organisation and planning abilities, ability to work to deadlines
- Good written & oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly with a good attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to be flexible and work under multiple pressures
- Capable of multitasking in a high pace environment and understanding priority
Required Technical Skills
- Certifications – Security+, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CISM or similar is desirable
- Business Continuity / Crisis Management and Datacenter disaster recover skills
- Security infrastructure: Firewalls, LAN/WAN, VPN, proxy, CASB, vulnerability scanning, OS hardening, IPS,
- Security Tools and systems, for internal, web facing, and web based (cloud): Virus detection/protection. patching, Application/service/server Vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, Network intrusion detection, Password Auditing tools
- Knowledge of GDPR, its application and wider personal data privacy requirements is desirable
Role Scope and Responsibilities
The scope of this role includes:
- Infrastructure, servers, and the locations they are installed in (data centre/ network / servers / devices etc.)
- Applications/services/systems hosted internally, with partners, group or cloud providers.
- Ensure the IT Services provided adequate security to meet requirements, for:
- User’s computers
- Mobile devices
- Personal devices (BYOD)
- The software/application they use on them
- Ensure the cyber security architecture meets current & future needs and exploits new security technologies & techniques to reduce costs and risks.
- The selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of controls and management strategies to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and compliance of information systems with legislation, regulation and relevant security and privacy standards.
- Build, develop and maintain a robust, pragmatic risk management capability and Cyber policy and technical standards framework
- Close coordination within the Gas & Power IT department and with GRP IT in Paris, especially the Security team, is essential.
- Support the career development of IT with regard to the security aspects of their roles.
- Maintain and build strong stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Able to translate complex technical security concepts and threats into business language and impact, so business leaders can make informed decision regarding security.
- Effective management of IT/Cyber Security for the affiliates supported by IT and their customer data, is core to the success of the organization. Major issues/breaches can cause loss of business, reputation or even removal of licence to operate by Ofgem
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a multinational energy company that produces and markets a diversified range of energies on a global scale. Committed to being a world-class player in the energy transition, our client is transforming its business and puts sustainable development at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people. With over 105,000 employees across 130+ countries, their ambition is to provide energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, reliable, and accessible to as many people as possible.
Specialties: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables, and electricity.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.