Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Redhill, Surrey (primarily remote)
Aubay is seeking a Principal Architect to provide technical leadership and management of analysis and design tasks related to the development of the Enterprise Technology Architecture. Technology architects are systems logistics specialists that design, implement, and maintain enterprise technology infrastructure. This includes on premise, remote and cloud solutions. This person will be responsible for designing the structure of new technology systems, overseeing the implementation of programs, and liaising with the software development team. As well as designing the structure of new technology systems with a cost greater than £1M and supporting £1Billion turnover in customer billing, and participating in strategic projects with a budget of up to £5M
This role will work with stakeholders at all levels within IT and across the business units, and will report to the Head of Enterprise Architecture. This role is currently hybrid and will operate from the Redhill office two days a week onsite with our global energy client.
Required Personal Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or similar qualification with 10+ years of industry experience
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to identify, define, communicate, and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to quickly establish and build a rapport with all stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrates integrity and leadership traits
- Security first – How to design, migrate and embed security controls in technology architecture solutions.
Required Technical Skills
- Problem, definition, and resolution
- Demonstrable knowledge of architecture frameworks (TOGAF, FEAF, EA3, etc.,)
- Extensive knowledge of market trends and emerging technologies
- Enterprise class middleware (SWAG, Mulesoft, etc.,)
- API-led Middleware (theory and technology implementation such as Mulesoft, etc.,)
- Extensive knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS and Microsoft Azure
- MS Office 365 and associated technologies
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform Architecture
- Hybrid cloud technologies & Common Hypervisors
- Experience of common Operating Systems, Networking concepts, Databases, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
- Networks and Cloud connectivity
- CX (Customer experience) technologies
- Cyber security experience
- Legacy infrastructure
- Define an architectural vision to guide the enterprise and to serve as a basis for mutual understanding between all parties involved in product development.
- Lead the transformation of the technology estate to next generation infrastructure i.e., the cloud, convergent technologies, and software-defined infrastructure.
- Produce high-level design of an infrastructure system, components, interactions and interfaces.
- Produce target technology architecture, vision, principles, blueprints, patterns, and standards.
- Manage the risk of technology adoption appropriately and in a timely manner. Communicate to the relevant stakeholders in a language they understand.
- Ensure that all solutions align with and comply to enterprise architecture guidelines, governance gates, processes, standards, policies & objectives.
- Ensure the appropriate documents are presented to the Architecture Review Board.
- Be pragmatic in the application of architectural principles, balancing risk, cost, & delivery timescales to achieve the best outcome for all the stakeholders (business & IT).
- Be solution and delivery focused, proactively work with partners & suppliers ensuring cloud / technology adoption are delivered on time, to the right level of quality and within budget.
- Be proactive in the identification of innovation & technology efficiencies, better process, cost optimisation and new business opportunities through the application of architecture resource and artefacts (people, process & technology) especially in the field of cloud adoption and convergent technology strategies.
- Support the cloud adoption strategic technical framework (AWS).
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other architects and technologists. Be a leader.
- Ensure that the governance gates and processes are fulfilled as mandated by the Project Management Methodology (PMM) and the appropriate documents are presented to the Architecture Review Board for approval at the appropriate time.
- Create the appropriate technology artefacts: architecture awareness, solution description, solutions building blocks, architecture building blocks, etc.
- Technical Evangelist – able to communicate the value of technology to all stakeholders.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a multi-national energy company that produces and markets a diversified range of energies on a global scale. Committed to being a world-class player in the energy transition, our client is transforming its business and puts sustainable development at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people. With over 105,000 employees across 130+ countries, their ambition is to provide energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, reliable, and accessible to as many people as possible.
Specialties: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables, and electricity.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.