Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Canary Wharf, primarily remote
Aubay is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work on a variety of projects in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Tech Stack You Will Be Working with – Docker, CircleCI, Linux, GitLab, AWS, Azure Devops, Jenkins, Ruby, Python
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in a commercial environment
- 3+ years of general experience with Docker
- 1+ year experience with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with CI processes and tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, Azure Devops etc.)
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure tasks and application deployment issues
- Bash scripting, knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of the network and HTTP stack and the main web servers
- Knowledge and experience with Ruby and/or Python programming languages
- Hands-on technical experience on environment provisioning and configuration with industry standard tools (e.g. Terraform/Ansible/Puppetteer/Salt/Chef/etc.)
- Extensive familiarity with at least one major cloud provider (AWS and/or Azure)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or another equivalent technical discipline
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with the ELK and Prometheus stacks
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault or other secret sharing solutions
- Experience with working on Nginx
You will work on…
- A variety of projects as DevOps engineer
- Environment maintenance, new environment provisioning and configuration
- Automating the provisioning of new environments or automated upgrades of the existing ones (Terraform or AWS/Azure APIs)
- Automating the configuration of the VMs, ensuring their security and scalability
- Improving the current Docker based CircleCI, CI pipelines
- CI/CD Slack-based build and deployment tools (Slack Bots and Slash Commands – Ruby / Python)
- Checking and improving the developers local Docker Compose based builds
- Setting up and automating ELK/Prometheus based monitoring stacks
- The two main orchestrator platforms: Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Wharf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remuneration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a top Blockchain consulting firm that develops Blockchain applications and products using advanced cryptography to provide superior data security and data privacy. They specialise in privacy enhancing technologies and distributed ledgers and have built applications for enterprises and start-ups in financial services, energy, aviation, automotive, supply chain, commodities, telecoms, legal, medical, property and recruitment.
You will be working in a collaborative, unique, and fast-paced environment with flexible working hours, an agile approach, and with motivated and ambitious people who are passionate about delivering innovative solutions to global enterprises and disruptive start-ups.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.