Form of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Victoria (2-3 days a week in office)
This role will be a hybrid of sorts, part Senior Support Engineer and part Cloud Ops Engineer (30/70 split roughly). The role will be to maintain and operate the BAU of the cloud ops estate so this person’s responsibilities will range from general maintenance to patching to access control, some fin ops (controlling costs), and sec ops (securing the environment). They will help to implement new solutions, support the existing solution, and will be expected to work independently but with plenty of support from more senior staff. The environment has significant AWS estate, EKS clusters, ECS, EC2 instances, VPC’s, VPN’s, Direct Connect, Transit Gateways, Aurora RDS databases (plus a few others flavours of database), and some bespoke applications hosted inside our AWS estate.
The Cloud Ops Engineer needs to know what an incident is and to understand what to do/how to deal with an incident (risk, impact, escalation, expectation setting, etc). The ideal candidate will come from a support-orientated background and will know the basics of Incident, Problem, and Change processes as well as having had some experience of general application support and a helpdesk.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2/3 years of AWS experience (we are not looking for an engineer who wants to simply architect and design solutions)
- Have a support-oriented background and knowledge of the basics of Incident, Problem and Change processes (as well some experience of general application support and a helpdesk).
- Knowledge and understanding of change control procedures and when to use problems (proactive and reactive for example).
- Knowledge of helpdesks, ticketing admin, and how to logically trouble shoot applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with traditional hardware support and knows on premise servers/networking
- Any knowledge of Grafana, Loki, GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Helm Charts, Kubernetes would be very beneficial.
About Aubay UK – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay UK is a recognised InSourcing Partner for client-side deployment delivered across London. Our team, based in Canary Warf, specialises in hiring IT professionals within London’s Energy and FinTech sectors, helping our clients to expand their operations with top-tier talent who are experts in their fields. We work exclusively with clients who are globally recognized as Energy Super Majors/Financial Services and innovative FinTech players.
Aubay UK is the most recently started branch of Aubay Group www.aubay.com. Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company, listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange, who have been operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7,000 employees across 7 countries and 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, Aubay Group generated revenues of €435 million in 2019.
What Aubay UK Offers
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive renumeration package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client. Other benefits include:
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Work from home opportunities
- Access to Udemy training platform and conferences
- Perkbox employee discount scheme
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- Opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of assignment
Our client is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They combine deep and multi-market expertise of traditional securities with the agility of a FinTech company to provide secure and innovative services for digital assets.
Apply via our website – www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.