Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
To enable value to the Business through IT, and to expand investment in data and analytics, with an ambition to share data and decision making capabilities across the organisation. This role is to support the IT delivery team to maintain a large, complex Azure-based data platform and assist teams with day to day data performance challenges.
As an expert in Azure data storage, you will:
- Ensure the ongoing performance and reliability of several large data warehouses and Azure data storage solutions, including Synapse, SQL, Cosmos, Redis, blob, ADLS and other storage
- Have a deep understanding of most of the storage options in Azure, and are able to provide detailed performance and configuration optimisation on them, including the impact on cost.
- Support multiple teams with complex problems which others have been unable to solve – many of the requests you get will be from teams where something’s gone wrong, and being able to fix the issue, and explain to them how and why the fix works.
- Drive to delivery – decompose work to a set of concrete steps, and manage delivery against those steps, ensuring progress towards the end goal.
- Azure Storage – Excellent hands on practical experience of Microsoft Azure storage options including Synapse, SQL, Cosmos, blob, ADL, Redis, ELK, queues, tables etc. developed in complex, real world projects, including evaluating cost/performance trade-offs.
- Highly proficient DBA – optimisation of indexes, partitioning tables, queries and execution plans, permissions, performance, encryption, replication etc., including analysing database usage (which tables were accessed etc.) and proactive monitoring.
- Data warehousing – you’ll know your star from your snowflake, when to use each, and when to use neither.
- Time series data – we generate and consume massive amounts of time series data. You’ll have hands on experience working with this at scale while maintaining performance.
- Strong Transact SQL skills – you’ll know when and when not to use linked servers, cursors, common table expressions, and how to document a stored procedure
- CI/CD – hands on experience with automated deployment using GitHub actions and Azure DevOps and configuration management of both infrastructure (e.g. ARM, terraform etc.), and database & schema (e.g. dacpak, bakpak etc.)
- Data Engineering – understands data engineering tooling such as databricks/Spark, ADF, Apache Airflow, and associated consumers and generators such as Azure Functions, Web Apps, and distributed / event-driven architecture (event hub, event bus, kafka etc.), ELK, etc.
- Be highly analytical – able to problem solve, absorb large amounts of detail and to see the big picture. Be able to manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- Be a good communicator – able to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and self-starting – able to work with little supervision and able to pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly. Be confident and demonstrate good judgement. Be able to work in a demanding development environment.
- Agile working – Practical experience of working effectively in an iterative/Agile development team (including sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives)
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
- Experience in a commodity trading organisation, with an understanding of the types of data typically used in our operations
- Experience in toolsets for managing requirements, for example, Azure DevOps, SharePoint, etc.
- Professional accreditation e.g. Foundation in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, Professional Scrum Master I (Fundamental) Assessment from scrum.org.
About Aubay UK: www.aubay.co.uk – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay UK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit, hot & soft drinks, cookies, candy (if onsite at Level39)
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- You will become a community member of Level39, which will give you access to Level 39 Technology Insight sessions and networking opportunities at Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London
- Encouraged to attend conferences
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Work from home opportunities
- Weekly/fortnightly/monthly catchups with your dedicated Talent Attraction consultant at Aubay UK to ensure smooth onboarding and continued support from the Aubay team
- The opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Apply via our website: www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK.