Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
As a member of the Program and Project Management (P&PM) Capability Centre, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as our company transforms its business to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
- Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
- Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
- Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, and digital platforms;
- Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
- Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
As a program and project management professional, you are also a leader in the natural team and are required to continuously develop your leadership behaviours:
- Live our values and goal zero – We do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
- Maximise our performance – We focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line commercial results.
- Grow trust in our company – We work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution to society.
- Engage & inspire – We engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams to be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
- Learner mindset – We have a shared belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within our standards and controls framework
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments
- Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
- As your career with us progresses, you will be exposed to opportunities both across our diverse lines of business and in our business IT and enterprise IT functions, as well as progressively more challenging assignments that develop your capabilities.
Role Dimensions & Accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to our Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of up to $10M, with up to 50 team members
- Quickly build and leverage relationships with senior sponsors (GM and above) and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including EVPs
- Synthesize new products and services that balance the needs of diverse stakeholders with a compelling business case for a function or Line of Business
- Deliver within-programme benefits to the Group, delivering value from an early stage
- Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across all Lines of Business)
- Motivate and lead programme team through periods of uncertainty, while removing barriers so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure
- Take calculated risks and apply judgment at a programme level to make timely decisions that will maximize value
- Recommend changes to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality
- Understand programme goals and business context at all stages of the programme lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate
- Select appropriate methodologies across the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness of each project
- Select a best-practice governance approach that works across the function or Line of Business
- Support the leadership of the cross-organisational natural team, ensuring that delivery teams collaborate effectively with business IT, the impacted businesses, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, resolving issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term management of any resulting products and services
- Mentor more junior members of staff, lead improvement initiatives, and execute assurance reviews.
About Aubay UK: www.aubay.co.uk – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay UK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit, hot & soft drinks, cookies, candy (if onsite at Level39)
- Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- You will become a community member of Level39, which will give you access to Level 39 Technology Insight sessions and networking opportunities at Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London
- Encouraged to attend conferences
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Work from home opportunities
- Weekly/fortnightly/monthly catchups with your dedicated Talent Attraction consultant at Aubay UK to ensure smooth onboarding and continued support from the Aubay team
- The opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Apply via our website: www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK.