Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
- Projects Business Analysts are responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This is a rare opportunity for a visionary thinker who can bring together a broad range of experience and deep knowledge across different IT disciplines and businesses to shape the solutions and direction of large-scale strategic programmes.
- Need is for a senior Business Analyst who has been in the Energy Trading space predominantly and understands how a broader landscape looks like and how it should mature given the change we see happening in the global energy market – focus on more of digital technologies, renewables, Solar/wind farm etc.
- The BA should be comfortable in liaising with the business team, the dev team and capable of picking up the finer details of the demand the business has and in which way IT can respond to these challenges – what kind of IT solutions should be placed, what key business functionalities these solutions must deliver, what are the typical business data that can be captured and in what way this data can be leveraged etc.
- The right candidate also need to have a good insight on the project delivery framework and is needed to work close with the IT Manager in helping her shape up the IT journey we are looking at given the demand we have, how these projects and applications stack up in order of their importance vis a vis the budget we have and with a given budget what all are a must have strategic products that needs to be delivered. With this understanding our candidate needs to liaise with the IT leadership in setting up the priorities of the different projects/products and work towards their overall implementations.
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
- Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
- Lead stakeholder management and business change management activities.
- Lead teams to complete business analysis on projects. Set the direction for business analysis activities within large programmes or strategic initiatives.
- Champion the development of long-term Business Analysis capability through bringing external perspectives, coaching others about BA techniques, identifying and promoting best practices, and contributing to community building.
About Aubay UK: www.aubay.co.uk – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay UK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit, hot & soft drinks, cookies, candy (if onsite at Level39)
- Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- You will become a community member of Level39, which will give you access to Level 39 Technology Insight sessions and networking opportunities at Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London
- Encouraged to attend conferences
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Work from home opportunities
- Weekly/fortnightly/monthly catchups with your dedicated Talent Attraction consultant at AubayUK to ensure smooth onboarding and continued support from the Aubay team
- The opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Apply via our website: www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.