Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
As an IT Program or Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as we transform our business to meet our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
- Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
- Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
- Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, digital platforms, ERP, web-based application, networking, workplace productivity, compliance or cybersecurity;
- Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
- Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
As a program and project management professional, you are also a leader in the natural team and are required to continuously develop your leadership behaviours:
- Live our values and goal zero – We do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
- Maximise our performance – We focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line commercial results.
- Grow trust – We work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution to society.
- Engage & inspire – We engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
- Learner mindset – We have a shared belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
You will be expected to:
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within the standards and controls framework;
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
- Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
Dimensions & Accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of up to $5M, with up to 20 team members;
- Quickly build and leverage relationships with sponsors (JG1 and above) and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including VPs;
- Build and roll out new products and services that meet the objectives set by the Decision Review Board, keeping to the time, cost, quality parameters set;
- Deliver within-programme benefits to the function or business, delivering value from an early stage;
- Motivate and lead the project team through periods of uncertainty, while recommending barriers to be removed so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure;
- Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across a business or function);
- Focus and motivate project teams to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance;
- Recommend taking calculated risks and apply judgment at a project or workstream level to make timely decisions that will maximize value;
- Recommend changes to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality;
- Understand programme or project goals and business context at all stages of the lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate;
- Execute the given methodology for the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness;
- Execute the required governance approach defined by the Decision Review Board;
- Support the leadership of the project’s natural team, ensuring that the project team collaborates effectively with business IT, the impacted teams, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, recommending resolutions to issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term support and management of any resulting products and services; and
- Support more junior members of staff, contribute to improvement initiatives, and assist assurance reviews.
About Aubay UK: www.aubay.co.uk – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay UK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit, hot & soft drinks, cookies, candy (if onsite at Level39)
- Discount on winter sports holiday at www.aero1607.com
- You will become a community member of Level39, which will give you access to Level 39 Technology Insight sessions and networking opportunities at Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London
- Encouraged to attend conferences
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Work from home opportunities
- Weekly/fortnightly/monthly catchups with your dedicated Talent Attraction consultant at AubayUK to ensure smooth onboarding and continued support from the Aubay team
- The opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Apply via our website: www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with client.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK.