Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
The client is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join the ‘European Power’ team within the Trading division.
The ‘European Power’ team is a rapidly expanding team setup in 2018 to help the ‘European Power’ business grow and expand. The Power business’s core focus is the trading and optimisation of electricity within Europe.
As part of the energy transition, there is an ambition to grow a book of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) that will increase the size of green power generation that are managed, as well as supply carbon certificates. As the core trading hub for Power in Europe the team also support Renewable and Energy Solutions in the connection and sales of renewable power from assets that Renewable and Energy Solutions have bought or constructed and supplies power for Renewable and Energy Solutions to sell on to its Business (B2B) and Domestic (B2C) customers. The growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to manage renewable power generation and trade in the fast-paced, highly automated intraday markets is required. This scale-up to support the business is alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for trading and market data.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and defining the business needs for Power Trading stakeholders and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. You will aid IT software development work on project, enhancement request or defect fix request that may include Estimating, Business Analysis, Impact Analysis, System Requirements Definition, Solution Design, Technical Specification & Acceptance Criteria, and Technical Test Plan design and execution. You will support the transition of the implementation into the Standard Service and Operation Model. As a Subject Matter Expert, you adhere in understanding the requirement of a functional specification or user stories, ensure its completeness for the next steps and able to resolve defects during test cycles and hyper care including incident/ problem management.
You will provide business functional expertise and guide the business process and development of the IT solution to support a key strategic product.
- Experience of working in software development lifecycle team – Essential
- Experience of working in SCRUM – Essential
- Deep Knowledge of the GB Balancing and Settlements code – Essential
- Experience of Azure components: Azure Service Bus, Cosmso DB, Azure Functions, Databricks – Desirable
- Expert knowledge of the SAA-IO141 file – Desirable
- Experience of Supply and Generation integration into ETRMs – Desirable
About the Client-side deployment
Our Client is a Super Major, a Global Energy Company: around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis