Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
Within the agile delivery team, AEM Back End Developers can be responsible for the specification, design, development, unit testing and release packaging of solutions on our Adobe Experience Manager platform.
The right candidate will have demonstrable experience in website delivery and/or mobile application development. They will have experience in creating implementable technical specifications from agency delivered, pixel perfect designs, defining new functionality and enhancements to a large scale multi-faceted Web Content Management System. The candidate may also have experience in analytics, personalisation, social media, rich media and other forms of digital/web/online media.
AEM Back End Developers work closely with their scrum team colleagues, the product ownership team and the wider company organisation to deliver sustainable business value:
- Working with their Scrum team:
- Helping create the sprint plan
- Instilling quality by adhering to the ‘Definition of Done’
- Adapting the plan to meet the Sprint Goal and delivering their work to ensure that the goal is achieved
- Holding themselves and other team members accountable as professionals
- Working with the Product Ownership team:
- Work with the product ownership team to refine and plan work, acting as trusted advisors to ensure work is fully understood by all members of the team prior to delivery
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- The company:
- Being an active part of the Adobe developer community
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen and industry/market curiosity
- Acting as role-models, champions, and advocates for collaborative and open ways of working and behaviours built on trust and driven by empathy
Skills & Experience
Candidates must have the following experience, within a corporate IT environment:
Technical skills & knowledge:
- AEM (preferably 6.5+); an Adobe Certification is a plus
- Sling (including Sling Models)
- Proficient in Java 8; Java 11 experience preferred (JUnit, Mockito)
- Git (preferably with GitHub) or any other distributed VCS
- Single Page Application (SPAs) and Third-Party Integration experience (APIs, XML, Webservices)
- Knowledge of all stages of the SDLC, especially using a Scrum delivery environment, including: Design, Specification, Development, Testing, Release packaging
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment: Linux, Apache, Docker, Test Driven Development, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Adherence to: Software development standards, Agile methodologies, Quality assurance, Governance standards
- Exceptional English communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptability and goal oriented
- Experience of working in a globally dispersed scrum team, with business Communications/Marketing / Design Agency team stakeholders
- An outlook aligned with the business’ IT Behaviours, to learn continuously, challenge purposefully, drive outcomes and deliver together
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis