Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
A lead data engineer is an individual with proven experience in adhering and guiding team to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value. They are expected to be go getter, often the best developer in the team, setting up processes, have continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization. As the lead data engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for the technical decision related to one or a small set of products / product teams Lead the technical members of the product team(s) they are responsible for
- Coach the team and provide feedback
- Take ownership for technical standards and technical quality through code reviews, driving standards and improvement initiatives throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems
- Front Office Trading – Deal Capture, Pricing and Automated/Algorithmic Trading
- Gas & Power Operations – Scheduling, Nomination, Billing & Meter Management
- Enterprise Trading & Risk Management (ETRM)
- Sales & Marketing – Customer Portal and Transact On-line
- Power – Grow the European Power business
Dimensions of the role:
- Typical Experience: 10+ years in IT with 5+ years of leading complex technical delivery
- Typical Team Size: Responsibility for 5-8 developers (mix of London and Bangalore locations)
- Face off to the Trading Principal Engineer, IT Manager & trading VP & GMs in London
- Significant experience with Azure Functions, Web Apps, Event architecture (event hub, event bus etc.), ELK, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with CI/CD delivery using GIT, VSTS/ADO, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Excellent C# and/or Python skills
- Practical agile experience in startup and/or enterprise environments
- Relevant software development experience with a “Full Stack” profile (experience in front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration)
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns & practices in the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of trading related operating environment
- You’ll have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with 3+ Years’ experience working in a trading related environment (energy & commodities trading, banking or consultancies) with Front Office Trading Managers.
- Communicating between the technical and non-technical
- Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Generate technical design to solve business problems
- Well-designed systems balance risk, technical and business complexity, cost, and value.
- Lead proof of concepts to define new technical solutions
- Deciding on new technologies or ways of using existing technologies will be a key deliverable. To achieve this, you will be able to be hands-on with the creation and demonstration of proof of concepts and technical experiments
- Maintaining delivery momentum
- Able to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
- Making the process work
- Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
- Understands the environment and is able to prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
- Team dynamics and collaboration
- Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognise and deal with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis