Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The Business Analyst will bring Subject Matter Expertise and domain knowledge to help organise and interpret requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate is able to work as part of a global team with a strong track record working with as part of an energy trading business.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of physical commodities trading markets and organisations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Experience working in fast- paced project delivery using AGILE methods
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- Visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts.
- Knowledge of test principles through the development lifecycle and a willingness to support the test function at peak stages in the sprint cycle.
- A delivery focus in terms of closing out tasks effectively in addition to realising planned business benefits alongside users.
- Consistent business case/ solution cost- benefit awareness to ensure the right focus is being given to each task to provide maximum benefit to stakeholders.
- Experience of working with data (e.g. data migration projects) and able to use basic SQL to work effectively with databases.
- Detailed knowledge of the LNG markets and trading organisation.
- Knowledge of metals, power or emissions trading.
- Ability to use approved business analyst modelling techniques to capture issues, define requirements and communicate solutions.
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Detailed knowledge of data management best practice.
- A determined focus on the user and user experience when problem- solving
- Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
- Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
- Clear communicator and able to work in a multicultural/lingual environment
- Uses best practice analysis techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
- Uses initiative and owns their deliverables end-to-end
- Brings ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
- Provides regular, considered feedback and regularly strives to improve their own ways of working
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis