Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
Solution Architecture is responsible for delivering solution designs to projects. These solutions need to be fit for purpose within the portfolio, have technical integrity, the right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction. The resultant High-Level Design will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability.
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to the standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the templates, Architect tooling and conforms to standards.
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Have a proven ability to be drive complex Solution Architecture engagements at a detailed level across a broad range of engagement and industries
- Having a track record within a number of large scale IT programmes, taking ownership of the Architecture and Design activities and outputs
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology teams to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Ideally accreditation and practitioner experience of TOGAF and/or IASA
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
- Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Mainly Retail, Trading etc…
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Architect tooling. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
- Liaison with IT Managers for Estimated cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions
- Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
- Drive a fit for purpose Solution Architecture and Design aligned with client wider architectural principles, policies and design
- Ensure effective design governance around key design decisions
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Work alongside and actively provide guidance and steer to SaaS providers, cloud providers, 3rd party managed services and the internal services which are being leveraged in the IT solution.
- Deal with complex end to end IT landscapes which consist of 10 or more applications leveraging disparate products, integration patterns and tools.
- Work globally with colleagues and partners in different locations and time zones.
- Formulate and execute solutions for customers across all channels (mobile, internet etc.)
- Help formulate and capture requirements and understand business objectives
- Ideate, conceptualize and drive solutions
Skill & Requirements:
- Typical Years of Experience: 12 to 15 years in IT with experiences across architecture and software development
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree in Engineering
- Reporting to: Solution Architect Lead
- Typical working relationships: IT project managers, product managers, business analysts, IT managers, segment architects, enterprise architects, product owners in business, IT engineering teams.
- 11+ years of prior experience in various SDLC roles: development, architecture, requirements gathering etc.
- Hands on experience in Enterprise System Architecture execution
- Hands on Experience in E-Commerce Architecture – Keeping Omnichannel in Mind.
- Expertise in Omnichannel frameworks/accelerators
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems and mobile technologies
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Experience on API Development and API Management
- Expert in UML process Design
- Clear Understanding in Complex data structure and RDBMS.
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing application software
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming – with hands on experience.
- Great technical Problem Solving Skill
- Experience in one or more vertical industries- retail .
- Experience in Kotlin and Swift Language
- Experience in RestFul Architecture
- Experience in Node Js
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services – AKS, Function and App service
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent and architecture tooling like Bizz Design, ArchiMate, System architect
- Experience in Functional Mapping of Business Processes and Product features.
- Strong background in integration design, architecture & implementation of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Comfortable articulating API strategies and the benefits they bring to a non-technical audience
- Understand, articulate and incorporate API strategies , backend as a service and define end-to-end architecture solutions for customers.
- Provide competitive analysis of solutions with differentiation for own solution and articulate value proposition
- Develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with customer management
- Be the point of contact to the customer through all phases of the engagement. Follow up and ensure total customer satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Drive the end-end solution development lifecycle with the development teams on shore and offshore.
- Collaborate with sales teams in taking new offerings to the market
- Work with account teams and customers on specific customer opportunities including ideation workshops, requirements gathering sessions
- Experience in Cloud based solution design making use of various PaaS features offered by leading cloud providers like Azure and AWS. Knowledge of integrating cloud services to other cloud services and on-premise services.
- Experience in architecting and integrating CRM, digital loyalty, commerce and closed loop card processing systems for B2C and B2B customers like loyalty cards and fleet cards. Products may include Salesforce PaaS, Sales, Service and Marketing clouds, SAP Hybris Commerce, Adobe Marketing suite or other bespoke solutions.
- Manage the end-to-end development process for all post sales solution opportunities including initial communication, on-site presentations, schedule and work estimates and represent client on all relevant customer project communications.
- Prior experience in the payment domain including maintaining payment specifications for integrating point of sale and central systems like switches, good knowledge of point to point encryption, digital payments and payment settlement.
- Technical certifications in SOA, integration products or cloud platforms is an added advantage
- Reduce and eliminate technical debt. Make sure that the product is healthy from a technology perspective, so that it can be easily developed and maintained in short release cycles.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis