Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- Spartacus Developer is a hands-on technical consulting role aimed to architect, design and deploy the most appropriate and suitable solution of the specific decoupled storefront (Spartacus) within C/4 Suite.
- Spartacus Lead Developer is expected to bring in the team, and provide stakeholders with, deep product expertise and real-world experience that, together, can realize the full potential of the technology to meet the strategic and business objectives of the new Global eCommerce Platform – to be built on C/4 Suite (subject to selected components).
- This position will fit into a highly complex project – reporting directly to the Technical Platform Manager – and it will involve multiple products and multiple environments (web, application, database servers, digital solutions, etc).
- This position has the following accountabilities:
- Take a pivotal role in the overall platform development, as Spartacus developer of the Commerce component, providing in depth technical knowledge of Spartacus product.
- Fully understand capabilities and limitations of the technical environments and proactively look for additional benefits to be delivered by taking advantage of systems, processes, and data already in place or being deployed;
- Work in line with Shell and IT control/assurance methodologies, standards and processes – including those related to non-functional requirements (e.g. IRM);
- Identify and highlight the major factors, assumptions and risks, related to the Commerce component, that may influence development roadmap and success;
- Champion the development of long-term Spartacus capability within Shell through bringing external perspectives, identifying and promoting best practices, coaching others on advanced skills, and contributing to community building.
- Deliver user stories through Test Driven Development lifecycle (incl. writing automated test cases);
- Write well-tested, documented and peer-reviewed Java code. Perform review of other team members’ code;
- Work collaboratively with QAs, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Support Specialists and DevOps team members to deliver business requirements;
- Deliver UX code in SPARTACUS framework with appropriate support from backend;
- Support and mentor team members.
- Through knowledge and expertise. quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and understand their strategic priorities;
- Understand the current state of the business landscape and define technical development opportunities that increase business value
- actively contribute to the transformation of the way business users interpret B2B Commerce by imagining and shaping innovative solutions
- Remain focused and productive under pressure and recover quickly from setbacks
- Take calculated risks and apply judgment to make timely decisions that will maximize value
- Balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology domain delivering UI solutions
- Minimum 3 + years experience in Angular CLI: 8.2.5 or later, node.js: 10.14.1 or later and yarn: 1.15 or later: RxJS and NgRx experience.
- Experience in delivering enterprise-level solutions, at least 1 fully participated and successfully delivered the project on SPARTACUS;
- Experience in cloud technologies and consuming RESTful webservices;
- Experience in Agile project methodology and delivery, delivery management tools like JIRA and VSTS;
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Keen to learn, expand knowledge and skills, explore new technologies and solutions.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis