Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- Produce accurate, performant, and maintainable code following all IT standards
- Ensure that work is part of a coherent data landscape, contributing to the wider T&S data objectives and ambitions.
- Build research tools with reuse in mind
- Provide coaching and a point of focus for tech related enquires for quants
- Liaise and collaborate directly with Traders and Quants
- Python e.g. Packages and package management, async python etc.
- Significant, hands-on experience in code development for machine learning / advanced analytics algorithms to solve business problems.
- Experience in time series analysis / predictive modelling with low granularity time series data.
- Knowledge of quantitative financial/economic modelling, preferably related to commodity trading such as power, gas, carbon or LNG, is a strong advantage
- Experience with data extraction, basic data wrangling/pipelines, etc
- Statistical background e.g. degree, masters or PhD in STEM subjects, or can demonstrate significant skill through prior projects
- Experience with and can explain software engineering best practice e.g. CI/CD, 12-factor, git branching strategies, pull requests, test automation, lightweight agile processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Takes pride in growing others through coaching, collaborating and supporting peers.
- Demonstrate understanding in how designing and deploying for the cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP etc.) is different than designing for on-premise, and experience of cloud usage
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions for data engineering
- Experience in one or more of power, gas, carbon or LNG Trading/Commodities
- Experience with the Azure technical stack – but ability to explain the key components of any major cloud platform is fine.
- Package code and models for deployment at scale e.g. containerised deployment, etc.
- Familiarity with storage quality practices – (Gold/Silver/Bronze)
- Experience in energy management domain, with comfort in energy asset optimization, asset control and data flow loops, and wholesale electricity market applications
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Data Science or engineering.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working in data science and/or machine learning
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a large and complex big data environment
- Familiarity with data ingestion and processing techniques with outputs that are insightful and actionable, to include visualization, data lakes and data warehouses to develop strategies
- Strong fundamental knowledge of neural networks, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, predictive modeling, supervised/unsupervised/deep learning
- Proficiency in two or more of the following languages; Python, Golang, R, SQL, MatLab
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience with software frameworks for distributed computing and data such as Microservices, Docker, Pub-Sub messaging (Kafka), Kubernetes
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn,TensorFlow, Caffe, MXNet
- Knowledge of natural language processing, IOT and edge computing
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to assist the stakeholder outreach
- Ability to create technical drawings, architectural products and concept graphics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting; ability to facilitate and conduct presentations to stakeholders, including conceptual design and white boarding sessions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior managers and C-level executives
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis