Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
The Client’s new Powering Progress strategy has Electric Vehicle (EV) charging at its core, with the target to grow operated EV charge points from 60K in 2021 to 500K in 2025 and 2.5mln in 2030. To support the growth ambition, the ChargeWorks programme was formed in PT and later transitioned to Renewables & Energy Solutions IT. This programme is considered a strategic programme. It leverages the latest technology (data science, AI, optimisation etc.), collaborates closely with portfolio companies (e.g. NewMotion, Greenlots) to create energy management and fleet solutions and provide customers with data insights. With a yearly budget of ~4mln, this programme estimates to deliver 30mln value.
This programme covers multiple components:
- Energy Management and smart charging – Provide solutions to optimize energy consumption and manage multiple energy sources on sites (e.g. grid, battery, EVs).
- Fleet solution. Provide solutions for fleet customers to manage electric fleets scheduling, dispatch and charging in an optimized way.
- eMobility data lake: provide data insides of all EV charges.
- RechargeNext: the network planning tool advises customers on the choice of the best EV charging locations based on multiple data sources and artificial intelligence.
- Other initiatives like supporting global rollout of CPO (Charge Point Operator) and MSP (Mobility Service Provider).
Software Engineer tasks including:
- Working with the development team throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Backend software development with a variety of coding languages.
- Working closely with QAs and BAs to help shape requirements and actively participate in story refinement.
- Participating in code reviews and engineering best practices.
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- In an Agile team, play active role in planning, estimating, challenging the others, and occasionally run daily stand-ups.
- Be willing to self-teach and upskill quickly in new technologies/domains.
Profile & skills:
- Strong experience in either GoLang or C# with .net core is must have.
- REST, Microservice, GraphQL.
- Github action or pipelines.
- AWS Cloud
Nice to have:
- Additionally, any experience with the following would be a plus, TypeScript, Python, ReactJS or Java.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following technologies, GraphQL, Kafka, Kubernetes.
- Experience building and deploying docker images.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Have worked with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCS).
- Experience working with Gitlab pipelines, GitHub actions or Helm charts would be a bonus.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis