Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- Data Migration Lead experience
- Cutover Management experience
- Affinity with Data
- Consultancy experience
- Experience in working with major 3rd party (i.e. CGI)
- Experience with managing complex projects
- Experience with Fleet projects helps but is not a must
Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the bottlenecks and identify opportunities for improvement
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Understands and has experience with concepts as Data Pipelining / Data Wrangling – [data collection extraction & processing]
- Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions.
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving, interpretation of the data.
- Experience with analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Has knowledge of the Business Intelligence technologies and their relevant functions (reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining, complex event processing, business performance management, benchmarking, text mining, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics.)
- Is aware of the Data Management Framework & practices, understands what is required to implement them effectively.
- Understands and is experienced with Data Quality concepts like data cleansing
- Awareness of Agile Framework and its tools such as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis