Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
Working within the Power Programme, the Data Engineer will support a number of in-flight initiatives across the Programme including onboarding of renewable assets, short term Power Trading and associated trading operations as well as supporting ad-hoc data and systems enhancements across the Programme. The team is a cloud native team deploying solutions into MS Azure. You will be tasked with gathering requirements, designing and supporting the delivery of data solutions supporting trading and operations for the Power Desk. Part of this role includes meeting the visualisation, reporting and analytics needs of key business functions through development and experience of data models. Ideally suited to someone who can work in a fast paced environment and solve complex business problems. You should be adept at working within an agile environment using the Scrum framework.
- Adaptable to change, versatile and pragmatic
- Uses best practice development techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
- Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible IT deliverables
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge with recent IT software developments (open source and cloud in particular)
- Uses initiative and owns end-to-end solution delivery
- Brings ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
- Experience of utilising the appropriate development, data engineering (ETL, stream processing) principles to suite requirements.
- Experience of applying appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data transformation into target data models.
- Experience of converting models and features created by analysts and designers from prototypes/designs into production solutions.
- Strong experience of working with big data solutions & data platform products & services on Microsoft.
- Azure such as Databricks, SQL Warehouse, Data Factory, Data Explorer, SQL Database, PySpark etc.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to gather requirements.
- Experience in the commodities trading or financial services sector
- Knowledge of application development architecture tools, technology frameworks and security principles
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis