Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
About the challenge:
The Team delivers and runs Digital Products for Fleet Customers globally and solves big complex challenges with our data and technology expertise to advance a Net Zero future and reimagining energy. It’s organised as a collection of Product, Service and Platform teams that work together to enable our customers to accomplish their missions.
Digital Fleet primarily focused on building solution for Energy (fuels, electrification, LNG, Hydrogen), TCO (Data Driven Insight, Telematics, API), Payments and E2E Fleet services (Insurance, Vehicle Provisioning, Service Maintenance & Repair). This is driving a clear innovation roadmap and makes it a stimulating and dynamic environment in which to work, with some of the most interesting technology opportunities in the world.
You will provide hands-on expertise to build and leading multiple autonomous software engineering teams from a technical perspective and collaborate with Architects, Product Owners and the wider business to build a scalable, robust and secure platform.
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally. Personal growth and development is encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you are the expert member of a team creating software for internal colleagues and external users.
Your team’s mission is to be the IT provider of choice to your area – delivering innovation at speed where it’s wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it’s needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world’s largest IT organisations and leading IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base.
The role is a hands-on so, as well as driving engineering decisions and best practices, you will also be coding so need to be an excellent hands-on coder.
- Working with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Designing, developing, and testing custom software applications
- Supporting and maintaining your software. We believe in DevOps – you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and applying emerging technologies
- Providing mentorship and thought leadership to your team and across the organisation
- Mentoring and technical leadership of less experienced developers
- Computer Science or other technical (e.g. Physics, Engineering) degree or equivalent commercial experience
Desirable Experience and Capability
- Proven willingness and ability to learn, to become deeply skilled in at least one more programming language on top of your existing skillset
- Deep experience and understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry
- Expertise in modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- Confirmed experience of Agile methodologies, DevOps culture and practices, Lean techniques like Value Stream Mapping
- User story definition
- Application Support
Leadership and EQ
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are a great team-mate, looking beyond your own area and organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and perspective of others.
- You are self-aware and actively seek mentorship from others on impact and effectiveness
- You apply judgment and common sense. You use insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- You ensure your personal compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct and strong consistency with our Values & Behaviours.
- You have cultural fluency – you actively seek to understand cultural differences and sensitivities.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis