Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The Data Engineers will work alongside the Tech Lead to build and unit test Golden Source data pipelines, data models in data lakes, data warehouse and semantic marts. They shall:
- Work in development sprint teams under the direction of the Tech Lead / Scrum Master
- Be responsible for development and unit testing of user stories that have been assigned to them
- Be responsible for developing robust data pipelines and data models
- Use Azure technologies for development e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Service, SQL server.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the analytics infrastructure
- Build API endpoints exposing data to other services
- Inform the Tech Lead / Scrum Master of any risks, issues or blockers
- Participate in relevant sprint meetings e.g. daily stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning meetings
- Maintain the required status on the chosen technology e.g. Jira
- Provide SME input on technology and systems
Skills & Requirements:
- Microsoft Azure cloud services – Azure Databricks, Spark on HDInsight,
- Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory (v1 & v2), Azure Blob Storage,
- Azure Data lake Store (ADLS Gen1 / Gen2), Azure Functions, Azure DevOps, SQL DW, Polybase AzCopy, AdlCopy
- Good communication skills
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis