Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: San Francisco, Houston, London
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- Develop and deploy production-grade services, and data infrastructure emphasizing performance, scalability, and self-service.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
- Are “biased to action” and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any data product.
- Excited to build data platforms and tools that abstract implementation details for developers, analysts, and data scientists, enabling data transit.
- Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
- Passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on data engineering best practices.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation – able to see the forest through the trees.
- Experience in productionizing various big data technologies using open source and cloud native platforms with working experience in AWS (required).
- Hands of experience in messaging technologies i.e. Kafka, Orchestration tools i.e. Airflow, Apache Spark or Pyspark, Data visualization tools i.e. Dromio.
- Expertise in at least two of the following languages – Python, Go, NodeJS
- Experience in GraphQL (Apollo or Hasura)
- Knowledge with CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins) and deploying code into environments (knowledge with overall GIT process, either Gitlab or GitHub). Should put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers!
- Knowledge of deploying code using Helm charts into Kubernetes
- Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals – schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency, etc.
- Need someone who is Hands on and Team Player! Possess great Communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Note: We’re not looking for people who have Hadoop, Cloudera, or Azure experience
Skills sets Good to have:
- Experience in handling Large Scale Time Series data
- Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture designed to democratize data to everyone in the organization.
- Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc. etc. (You get it)
- Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
- Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify and optimize user experience.
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
- Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
Bonuses to include as part of your application:
- Links to online profiles you use such as Github, Twitter, etc.
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume or LinkedIn profile)
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis