Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Role description & Responsibilities
The Data Engineer will:
- Develop and deploy production-grade services, and data infrastructure emphasizing performance, scalability, and self-service.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
- Be “biased to action” and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership.
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any data product.
- Be excited to build data platforms and tools that abstract implementation details for developers, analysts, and data scientists, enabling data transit.
- Be dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
- Be passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on data engineering best practices.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation – able to see the forest through the trees.
- Experience in productionizing various big data technologies using open source and cloud native platforms with working experience in AWS (required).
- Hands on experience in messaging technologies i.e. Kafka, Orchestration tools i.e. Airflow, Apache Spark or Pyspark, Data visualization tools i.e. Dremio.
- Expertise in at least two of the following languages – Python, Go, NodeJS
- Experience in GraphQL (Apollo or Hasura)
- Knowledge with CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins) and deploying code into environments (knowledge with overall GIT process, either Gitlab or GitHub). Put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers
- Knowledge of deploying code using Helm charts into Kubernetes
- Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals – schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency, etc.
- Hands-on and team player, great communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience in handling Large Scale Time Series data
- Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture designed to democratize data to everyone in the organization
- Docker, K8, Cloud, micro services, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc.
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum
- Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify and optimize user experience
- Worked closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback
- Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
- Have a high bar for user experience and quality
About Aubay UK: www.aubay.co.uk – Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay UK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- Free fruit, hot & soft drinks, cookies, candy (if onsite at Level39)
- Discount on winter sports holiday at aero1607.com
- You will become a community member of Level39, which will give you access to Level 39 Technology Insight sessions and networking opportunities at Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London
- Encouraged to attend conferences
- Monthly / Summer / Winter Socials
- Work from home opportunities
- Weekly/fortnightly/monthly catchups with your dedicated Talent Attraction consultant at AubayUK to ensure smooth onboarding and continued support from the Aubay team
- The opportunity to work directly for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with around 84,000 employees across 70+ countries who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading.
Apply via our website: www.aubay.co.uk
You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite with the client.
Aubay UK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
This role requires you to be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK.