Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The Technology Lead for B2B Power is accountable to develop and implement the technology strategy for growing the B2B power business in major European countries. This includes both organic growth through setting new and extending existing capabilities to various European markets and inorganic growth through integrating new portfolio companies acquires.
- The role of the Technology Lead is to build and develop the strategy, grow, lead & energise multi-faceted technical groups to design & deliver technical customer facing solutions, which optimise the digital journey and introduce new digital business models supported by excellent data, methodology, systems & processes.
- The Technology Lead will initially report to the New Energies IT Manager for Europe, and is responsible for all aspects of technology strategy, development, operations, governance and procurement and will work with the digital leadership team to grow organisational capability.
- Build, nurture and grow high performance engineering teams using Agile Engineering principles
- Act as a technical leader sharing own experience, insights and energy, adopting a hands-on approach where needed
- Set technical agenda for digital products closely with business Product Owner and Product Manager
- Solution consulting and development in accordance with modern cloud-native software engineering principles, methods, standards, and practices. Contribution to software engineering discipline by bringing the latest in the market to the enterprise, continually updating standards, methods and tools.
- Managing complex integration scenarios between on-premise legacy solutions, private and public cloud environments.
- Work in partnership with various Renewables & Energy Solutions portfolio companies, which will present further technical integration challenges and opportunities
- Build out an earliest testable product quickly, to prove the tech stack and test customer product offerings
- Integrate the platform to the wider landscape and manage vendors to implement a scalable, replicable architecture and tech stack
- Ensure compliance to the Control framework and ensure security and compliance risks are mitigated, tracked and addressed in a timely manner
- Create an environment and culture that attracts top talent and promotes teamwork internally and externally to enable greater collaboration
- Building out and operate the primary business applications that support energy, energy management and electric vehicle products and services. The core platform will vertically integrate market applications across front office CRM, marketing and sales, customer acquisition and provisioning, smart metering, meter data management, customer care, invoicing/billing, direct debit and cash collections management
- Develop Digital Platforms for customer engagement, sales and marketing solutions including self-service capabilities via web and mobile app.
Desirable skills and experience:
- It’s your excellent influencing and communication skills that will really make the difference, and given the early stage of the business, entrepreneurship and resilience will be required, to help drive and shape the business and technology strategy. You will need technical, operational and commercial breadth to deliver a strategic technical vision alongside a robust, secure and cost-effective delivery platform and operational model.
- We need experience in Power and Energy and so you have conducted technical roles and led product and engineering teams and functions across the power value chain in the B2B sector – ideally with commercial and industrial customers
- Seasoned Leader with 15-20 years of hands-on experience in Design, Development and Implementation of scalable cloud-based web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of and skills in using various Azure and Amazon cloud services. Proven experience in building cloud-native apps on either or both of these cloud platforms
- Worked in an API-first approach and expert in ensuring maximum reusability of APIs
- Experienced with working in Agile Scrum Methodology and use of tools like Azure DevOps or the Atlassian suite
- Experience in using CI/CD tools (Azure Pipelines, Circle CI, GitHub, Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Knowledge of and experience in using Kubernetes and Docker containerization
- Good to have knowledge around cloud-native data tools (Pachyderm, Argo, Airflow) and data science languages and frameworks (Python, Julia, TensorFlow, Spark)
- Can articulate technology vision and delivery strategy in a way that is understandable to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to create a product and engineering environment that attracts and retains the best talent
- Exposure working with power billing and invoicing solutions or meter data management solutions is a plus
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis