Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The client is looking for an experienced solution architect to work with the Power Trading business. Alongside the solution architect skills the domain knowledge that the ideal candidate has will include:
- Experience of energy generation (including renewables) and Industrial and Commercial retail energy supply. With a proven track record working with real-time power generation solutions & associated data flows
- Experience of wholesale energy trading with proven experience in working in the following markets
- EPEX Spot
- Nordpool Spot
- Experience working with Power Operations (Scheduling, Nomination, Forecasting, Actualization)
- Experience of working with and understanding the rules of key System Operators in France, Denmark, Germany, Great Britain, Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland, Netherlands, Italy, and Spain
- Working understanding of settlements and accounting associated to renewable generation
- Working understanding of how Risk and P&L is captured and represented for assets including interfacing with the ETRM
- Solution Architect is responsible for delivering solution designs to projects. These solutions need to be fit for purpose within the portfolio, have technical integrity, the right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction. The resultant High Level Design have a measurable impact on the effectiveness and profitability.
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to the clients standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution.
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the relevant templates, tooling and conforms to standards.
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution.
- Support Segment Architects and reviews through the Architecture Review Board as required.
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Systems Architect. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
- Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture design decisions.
- Responsible for championing and embedding Security by Design and Privacy by Design in projects, and to ensure that the appropriate design decisions are made, documented and implemented.
- Work with IRM and DPO/SECO in case of unclarity around L&R requirements
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis