Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
Where you fit in:
- With the strategy endorsed at the highest level of RDS and an external environment brimming with enthusiasm for hydrogen, 2021 will be the year of execution. The Client aims to serve big industrial clusters to de-carbonize their business. We get started by serving our own archer demand, eg. refineries, expanding the local demand close to supply. And finally connecting large industry hubs when they become available. The Hydrogen Strategy is to build out a fully integrated value chain from generation (via electrolysis), storage, compression and transport through to the build out of a retail network.
- The Client wants to position hydrogen as a vector for clean energy transport and storage via shared infrastructure for value chain and end use integration and aggregation to obtain economies of scale for deployment in commercial fleets, heavy duty transport, and hard-to-abate industries and geographies. Hydrogen has tremendous growth ambitions and to build a material position in the market.
- The business is scaling rapidly in its mobility space with deployment of Hydrogen dispensers at strategic retail locations around the world. To drive the highest possible User Experience part of this solution is an integrated payment system utilising the latest hardware and digital solutions to create a seamless customer experience. The role of the product manager will be to lead the effort in working with vendors and in house teams to bring the H2 payment vision to life
As product manager Hydrogen you are accountable for the value delivery of the product to the business. He or she collaborates with various Business Product Owners to set the product vision, brings forward the best technology/solutions to solve business problems (e.g. technology and innovation funnels), cocreates the product roadmap and success metrics, fulfills the product lifecycle within Enterprise compliance and controls framework, creates value delivery through product development, performs financial management, and sets the right product environment and mindset for the product team.
In your role, the product manager Hydrogen:
- Sets direction for the product aligned to business vision and agreed KPIs. As this is a new business, product vision and strategies must be built from scratch.
- Manages senior level stakeholders for the product across Hydrogen, early warning on new requirements and early warning on potential unmet needs and problems.
- Provides technology/innovation advisory to ensure that right innovative technologies are offered as possible ideas to solve complex business problems.
- Builds and leads the product teams under the product line
- Promotes design thinking, agile and lean start up to create MVPs within the product line
- Focuses on maximizing the adoption of high-impact digitalization
- Finds the optimal adoption mix of new and emerging propositions vs tried and tested capabilities
- Accelerates maturation and replication of the available digital technology propositions at scale
- Drives rigour in KPI fulfilment through investment discipline across the product lifecycle by product managers within the product line. Aggregate reporting for the product line through available IT business management tools transparency of product line performance against agreed critical success factors.
- Elevates product manager awareness and compliance to agreed Enterprise technology and data standards, acting as escalation point in instances of divergence for avoidance of technical debt.
- Works tightly with IT Managers and other Product Line Managers across the IT business portfolio to enable the agreed business face-up model and drive alignment on Business IT approaches towards other IT functional lines and into the business across the product lifecycle. Speak as confidently to technical teams about product development as to commercial stakeholders about complex product line challenges.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of and proximity to business owners and consumers of the product line’s outputs (internal and/or external). Drive heavy use of business owner and consumer insights to inform product vision and actionable roadmaps, bringing additional business domain knowledge and external perspectives into products within the product line.
- Champions use of product data and aggregated product line insights across respective product roadmaps within the product line.
- Drive ‘scale and replicate’ interventions pursuing technology automation and optimisation initiatives across the product line aligned to target end states for the product line’s corresponding technology stack.
- Typical Experience: 10+ years working experience in Technology.
- Minimum Education or Certification: Four-year bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering or Business
- Proven working experience delivering digital products within a Retail environment
- Proven experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of AWS, Payment Systems (POS), Mobile Payment, site systems is strongly preferred
- Experience in Data analytics and Engineering
- Must have out of the box thinking and ability to develop product vision and strategies from scratch
- Must possess a mover/shaker personality
- Proven ability to master the complexity of interactions, demonstrating strong communication skills, among IT, digital and business stakeholders within a business that is growing and maturing
- Strong knowledge of the Hydrogen business to understand and prioritise strategic business requirements and translate them into technical product capabilities
- Good understanding of digital capabilities and the value they can deliver.
- Practical experience of working in and with techniques such as agile, scrum, lean start-up or design thinking
- Proven experience in creating of Minimum Viable Products/Propositions (MVPs) including rollout /Deployment experience
- Results-oriented, ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to deliver through others
- Balanced commercial, business and technical skills
- Strong empathetic characteristics, with collaborative style, and has the ability to build strong and trusted relationships and networks
- Strong Vendor and Supplier management skills
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than
70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy,
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis