Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothingf
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
The Product Manager is accountable for the value delivery of the product to the business. He or she
collaborates with the Product Owner to set the product vision, brings forward the best
technology/solutions to solve business problems (e.g. technology and innovation funnels), co creates the product roadmap and success metrics, fulfills the product lifecycle within Enterprise
compliance and controls framework, creates value delivery through product development, performs
financial management, and sets the right product environment and mindset for the product team.
Application of proven project management skills and methodologies will be necessary for this role.
Ensures that product set up has met all assurance partner sign offs. Delivery with an Agile project management framework. Ownership of delivery of product and to agreed budget.
If this role is not part of a product line, this assumes the key responsibilities of the PLM:
- Sets the direction for the product line aligned to business vision and agreed KPIs
- Manages senior level stakeholders for the product across RDS to ensure tight orchestration, early warning on new requirements and early warning on potential unmet needs an problems
- Provides technology/innovation advisory towards lines of businesses that the product line supports to ensure that right innovative technologies are offered as possible ideas to solve complex business problems
- Builds and leads the product teams under the product line
- Promotes design thinking, agile and lean start up to create MVPs within the product line
- Focuses on maximizing the adoption of high-impact digitalization
- Finds the optimal adoption mix of new and emerging propositions vs tried and tested capabilities
- Accelerates maturation and replication of the available digital technology propositions at scale
- Guides product line build or buy decisions and enables the process of investment decision across products within the product line
- Drives fulfilment of the product lifecycle across the product line through teams of properly
- skilled product managers and multi-disciplinary teams. Own and drive the delivery plan in line with the product lifecycle aligning with other PLMs within the IT business portfolio to assure lean product development across the full product value stream and fulfilment of the target IT Strategic Plan.
- Drives rigour in KPI fulfilment through investment discipline across the product lifecycle by product managers within the product line. Aggregate reporting for the product line through available IT business management tools transparency of product line performance against agreed critical success factors.
- Elevates product manager awareness and compliance to agreed Enterprise technology and data standards, acting as escalation point in instances of divergence for avoidance of technical debt.
- Works tightly with IT Managers and other Product Line Managers across the IT business portfolio to enable the agreed business face-up model and drive alignment on Business IT approaches towards other IT functional lines and into the business across the product. Speak as confidently to technical teams about product development as to commercial stakeholders about complex product line challenges.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of and proximity to business owners and consumers of the product line’s outputs (internal and/or external). Drive heavy use of business owner and consumer insights to inform product vision and actionable roadmaps, bringing additional business domain knowledge and external perspectives into products within the product line.
- Champions use of product data and aggregated product line insights across respective product roadmaps within the product line.
- Drive ‘scale and replicate’ interventions pursuing technology automation and optimisation initiatives across the product line aligned to target end states for the product line’s corresponding technology stack.
- Builds, leads, and inspires a team to deliver the Product roadmap against the prevailing lifecycle, sourcing capability from across the organisation. Focus actions against product attributes of desirability, feasibility, and viability.
- Manages the product team of their day-to-day delivery accountabilities
- Co-creates with the Product Owner a compelling vision for the product through intimate understanding and appreciation of the market, business value stream, and user/customer
- Seeks to work with Finance to select the right funding and recovery model, informs decisions around product investment through defined roadmaps and backlogs.
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen and industry/market curiosity.
- Inspires the use of and selflessly share into the Product team a range of insights (internal and external, quantitative and qualitative) to inform product vision, innovation, discovery and delivery work.
- Frames what success looks like and ensure the Product team understand and apply Product success metrics to their work
- Champions preferred ways of working into the Product team, ensuring best use of agreed agile and devops approaches, methods and frameworks – driving alignment with IT Engineering and ITSO for certainty of throughput and flow during discovery, development and release activities.
- Engages and utilizes the cross-functional natural team to manage risk and assures product management in line with agreed ways of working, soliciting input from stakeholders as required in line with the prevailing product framework and practices.
- Drives, through the cross-functional natural team, compliance to agreed technical
- Enterprise standards, promoting understanding of architectural roadmaps into the Product team.
- Seeks user value and understands how to translate this into commercial value across the Product lifecycle. Reprioritises where Product development is not fulfilling success metrics or target value yields (qualitative or quantitative).
- Role-models, champions, and advocates for collaborative and open ways of working and behaviours built on trust and driven by empathy.
- Promotes a culture of experimentation within the Product team as well as the use of ‘scale and replicate’ techniques within the Product by sourcing what’s good from elsewhere across the Product landscape and corresponding technology stack.
- Senior level product manager position: 18+ yrs of total experience and 10+ yrs in a leadership position of similarly complex environment for senior level product manager
- Non-senior level product manager position: 10+ years industry experience, 5-8 yrs recent experience delivering digital products with proven business impact, 5 yrs experience in a
- leadership position within RDS or other similar complex environment
- Proven leadership skills, with vast experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams
- Must have out of the box thinking
- Must possess a mover/shaker personality
- Proven ability to master the complexity of interactions, demonstrating strong communication skills, among IT, digital and business stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the business to understand and prioritise strategic business
- Good understanding of digital capabilities and the value they can deliver. Senior level product manager position is not required to be a deep expert on technology or digital but is expected to be knowledgeable on the major digital resource pools applicable to their
- Practical experience of working in and with techniques such as agile, scrum, lean start-up or design thinking and in creation of Minimum Viable Products/Propositions (MVPs)
- Proven people development skills and coaching experience.
- Results-oriented, ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to manage and be comfortable dealing with a mixed portfolio of fully formed products, proofs of concepts and experiments.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to deliver through others
- Has a greater risk appetite to be able to drive new and innovative proposition, be able to identify those risks and ensure that the business understands, accepts and signs up to those
- Can learn quickly and is adaptable
- Innate curiosity about consumer problems and ways of resolving them for commercial reward through technological innovation
- Balanced commercial, business, and technical skill
- Strong empathetic characteristics, with collaborative style, and has the ability to build strong and trusted relationships and networks
- Ability to inspire others to action and drive quality and pace in equal measure to enable successful outcomes
- Confident with data and use of consumer and commercial insights to inform the Product vision and roadmap
- Experience in developing business cases and managing investment budgets
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than
70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy,
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis