Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
As an IT Program or Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as we transform our business to meet our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
- Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
- Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
- Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, digital platforms, ERP, web-based application, networking, workplace productivity, compliance or cybersecurity;
- Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
- Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
As a program and project management professional, you are also a leader in the natural team and are required to continuously develop your leadership behaviors:
- Live our values and goal zero – We do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
- Maximise our performance – We focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line commercial results.
- Grow trust in the company – We work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution to society.
- Engage & inspire – We engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
- Learner mindset – We have a shared belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
You will be expected to:
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within standards and controls framework;
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
- Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
- As your career progresses, you will be exposed to opportunities both across our diverse lines of business and in our business IT and enterprise IT functions, as well as progressively more challenging assignments that develop your capabilities.
Dimensions & Accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of up to $5M, with up to 20 team members;
- Quickly build and leverage relationships with sponsors and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including VPs;
- Build and roll out new products and services that meet the objectives set by the Decision Review Board, keeping to the time, cost, quality parameters set;
- Deliver within-programme benefits to the function or business, delivering value from an early stage;
- Motivate and lead the project team through periods of uncertainty, while recommending barriers to be removed so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure;
- Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across a business or function);
- Focus and motivate project teams to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance;
- Recommend taking calculated risks and apply judgment at a project or workstream level to make timely decisions that will maximize value;
- Recommend changes to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality;
- Understand programme or project goals and business context at all stages of the lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate;
- Execute the given methodology for the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness;
- Execute the required governance approach defined by the Decision Review Board;
- Support the leadership of the project’s natural team, ensuring that the project team collaborates effectively with business IT, the impacted teams, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, recommending resolutions to issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term support and management of any resulting products and services; and
- Support more junior members of staff, contribute to improvement initiatives, and assist assurance reviews.
Skills & Requirements:
- Typical Experience: 10+ years in IT with 5+ years of experience in establishing and delivering progressively larger and more complex projects;
- Typical Programme Complexity: Large projects with multiple workstreams and deliverables, impacting an entire function, department or product line, with business and technical change;
- Typical Programme Size: Up to 20 people, with teams in multiple countries;
- Typical Programme Budget: Up to $5M;
- Typical Job Grade of Supervisor/Manager: JG2 or higher;
- Degree educated with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning; and Project management certification, ideally PMP® and agile certification
- Experience in Energy Trading (mandatory).
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills (mandatory).
- Support with scoping and estimation of demand across SLMT
- Work with ITM, IT Advisors, PLMs to review delivery options for new demand e.g. delivery via new product team, existing project team, spin up new team etc.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis