Who we are
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 7000 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €423 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #32 Best High-Tech Employer in 2016 in France (Google #1).
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Upstream company size 10,001+ employees
It’s a global Trading and Supply business (STASCO) is one of the largest energy trading operations in the world with key hubs in Singapore, Dubai, Houston, London, and Rotterdam, trading in crude oil, natural gas, LNG, electrical power, refined products, chemical feedstock’s and environmental products. This combined with an integrated network of supply and distribution activities and an industry-leading shipping and maritime capability add value for company across its Upstream and Downstream businesses.
To enable value to the Business through IT, STASCO continues to expand in the digitalization arena and, in particular data and analytics, by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit-for-business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth through:
- A single face to the business who is accountable for IT delivery and influence strategic business plans.
- Stewardship that drives data integrity and quality.
- Proactive support in driving continuous business improvement to meet business performance objectives.
- Benefits realisation of the investments throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Capture of value opportunities through innovative, differentiated and competitive IT.
- Project delivery on-time, on-budget and meeting specifications.
- IT Functional Excellence through the adoption of best practices, continuous improvements and capabilities that apply across the enterprise.
Overview of the role:
The Developer will work as part of a cross functional delivery team within LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT) to support the development and evolution of the SLMT data platform utilising latest cutting-edge technologies. As a Developer within this team, you will work closely with data architects, engineers, and business support resources to deliver software, configuration and installation support to enable the mobilisation and evolution of the SLMT data platform. Specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the Data Architects and Data Engineers to develop and design the LNG Marketing & Trading data platform
- Delivery of software which may include but is not limited to new development, configuration and installation of third-party packages
- Take the lead and provide insight and perspectives on software integration and development decisions
- Help coordinate the design and then implementation of data solutions which support high amounts and velocity of data, supports future growth, use latest data technologies/techniques, is cloud supported and in-line with
- Use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources.
- Support and apply an Agile Framework within his/her operating environment.
Skills and requirements:
- BSc or MSc in IT, computer science, data management or a related discipline.
- 4+ years’ of corporate IT experience with data platforms; working with large data sets, large amounts of data in motion and numerous big data technologies.
- Strong C# design and coding skills.
- Experience with React java script library
- Experience and understanding Trading and Supply (commodity) businesses
- Experience and strong understanding of general development platforms (including but not limited to MS.Net, HTML5)
- Experience and knowledge of auto software deployment technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Git)
- Experience with Cloud-based software, specifically Microsoft Azure (including but not limited to Databricks, Azure Foundations)
- Experience with data Architecture and design techniques (local/abstract) including Azure API techniques/developments
- Experience of Agile Project Delivery techniques (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Awareness of data pipelining-based technologies (e.g. KAFKA, StreamSets)
- Have good interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Comfortable in communicating with business colleagues and working in cross functional global teams
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Expectations and challenges of the role:
- Ability to deal with state of the art, differentiated and often unproven technologies which require some learning on the job
- Comfortable with sometimes vague and changing scope and priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Fast adaptability to the ever-changing environment within a company and in the external market
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 73,000 employees across more than 78 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- Market price
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis