Who we are
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2019 in France (capital awards Google #1)
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
As part of the drive to develop the capability of the IT organisation in the front office, we are looking for an experienced Front Office technologist to help create the next generation of trading, analysis and quant tools. The primary area of focus will be geospatial visualization of analytical data to improve our ability to forecast oil supply and demand. We are looking to design tools that quickly deliver high quality visualization of changing global events and their impact.
- Be a multi-skilled technologist who will deliver value to the business by writing code,
- Installing and configuring vendor systems, diagnosing and fixing problems and anything and everything that is required to support the front office users
- Be part of a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the Oil Front Office.
- Work with other developers, Business Analysts and testers as part of the wider Global Oil Information Technology and Services organisation
- Contribute to analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendation
- Be a key member of a world class team of technologists developing new and exciting ways to visualize data
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Expert on server side Java. Low latency, multi-threading etc
- Write simple, well-designed, well-structured code in Java
- Ability and willingness to pick up and use any technology that is necessary to get the job done – everything from J2EE, C#/.NET to VBA and Python. The candidate does not have to have experience in every technology, but must be prepared to tackle problems in any technology.
- Experience of Agile SDLCs
- Experience of Jenkins/Cruise Control/Hudson or other continuous integration tools.
- Application Architecture – can design multi-tiered applications, services. Knows what a good design is not just what a design pattern is. In depth knowledge of Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control and Test Driven Development, and clear understanding of modern frameworks architecture (Java j2EE, Spring, Docker, Hibernate, MVC)
- Expert understanding of integration technologies eg, Web Services, JSON, REST, Spring Framework, Spring Data, Spring BOOT
- Strong knowledge of Elastic search
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded programme design.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Business knowledge in Finance or Oil trading with understanding of products and derivatives.
- Experience C & WPF.
- Scripting, eg python, power shell, Bash
- Hadoop, Spatial Hadoop, Spark
- Familiarity with Excel including macros and VBA.
About the Client-side deployment:
- Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
- Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis